Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

That’s gonna be a pass from me. Already own Deathloop, it’s on Game Pass anyway, and the rest all seems like horror and strategy, which I don’t enjoy.

Humble really needs to be careful about putting Game Pass titles in their bundles. They make them dramatically less attractive.

Well, it’s definitely more colorful.

Probably in for this month. I’ve got Monster Train but not the DLC, and Disciples looks fun. Deathloop and Railroad Corp look worth trying out for me.

It’s interesting on reddit that most people seem to be excited about the horror games. I actually like to watch horror movies, but I don’t think I can play a horror game.

I’m a bit like that myself. Space Beast Terror Fright, for instance, is super fun in a group, but solo it freaks me out.

I like it better than Slay, both visually and from a design standpoint, and it’s definitely a friendlier start. If you pick it up, I do recommend leaving off the DLC at first. I think it’d complicate learning the game and, frankly, I’m not a big fan of it anyway.

It’s funny how a game can be the hot thing in one corner of the Internet (or was for a time), while for other people it’s What the Hell is that. Gaming has gotten really big.

Gamepass has really been blunting my interest in recent bundles, but I may pick this one up anyway. I don’t own any of these games, and Disciples and Railroad Corp look interesting in addition to Deathloop.

I jumped early on this one so I could get a Steam version of Deathloop for my new Steam Deck. Looking forward to dabbling with the other games, especially Monster Train.

I own Disciples: Liberation and I had a lot of fun with it. A solid bundle offering for folks who like HOMM style fantasy strategy games.

PSA : Humble seems to have restocked (finally) on the Age of Wonders : Planetfall - Premium Edition keys for the Storied Strategy and Role-Playing Bundle from late August. They ran out of keys early on and pretty much had to wait the entire month of September for Paradox to release additional keys. So if (like me) you didn’t claim quick enough to get a key initially, you can now claim your game.

Be forewarned though, when I claimed mine on Steam it initially only showed the base game and minor DLC as owned. It still showed the expansions as unowned. I checked again a couple of hours later and the full Premium Edition showed as owned, so I guess it can take a while for the key to register all content associated with Premium Edition.

Note that last month’s HB Collection game, Moonscars, was pretty good, and this month we’re getting the long in development Signalis when it releases on November 3rd.

Pause reminder for the monthly.

There’s a coupon code this time to get it cheaper - 8FORIGN

Some games from a November leak:

Hell Let Loose
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fate Edition
Shadow Tactics: Aiko’s Choice

The full list:

fastest skip ever

I dunno, there were some stinker months back there, but this one stinks too.

Hell Let Loose looks interesting if you’re into online PvP shooters. I’m not, so I’ll probably pass.

Lot of stuff that languished on my wishlist here - Raji, RoboQuest, Morbid, Eldest Souls and Unmetal. Honestly, I almost bit the bullet on RoboQuest a few times but was waiting for it to exit EA. So good month for me!

I wonder if the inclusion of these multiplayer-only games are basically because they see it as worth it to bolster player numbers, and if that actually happens from HB Choice. I don’t really ever get into them. I played a little Due Process and enjoyed it, but that was it.

$12 for the Fate Edition of Kingdoms of Amalur : Re-Reckoning is worth it for me. I’d been waiting on a deal for the whole remastered set, and this is about as good as it’s likely to get and on Steam as a bonus (best deals on KoA:RR I’d seen prior to this were on Epic).

Toss in Morbid and the Aiko’s Choice expansion for Shadow Tactics, both of which are of interest to me, and it’s pretty much an instabuy even if I won’t get around to playing any of it for some time to come.

My interest:

Hell Let Loose: no
Kingdoms of Amalur: I remember trying a demo of the original game and disliking it. I don’t know how the newer version is.
Shadow Tactics Aiko’s choice: I’d like to have it, but it’s also not an essential that makes me buy the bundle. I enjoyed the original ST but didn’t leave me dying for more.
RoboQuest: decent indie game, I’d say ‘yes’ but it’s on gamepass. Also still on Early Access.
Eldest Souls: a boss rush/souls like game? god no.
Unmetal: potentially yes
Raji: Ehhh. Kinda yes, but you know, I’d pay 2€ for it.
Morbid: Another soulslike, with not that positive reviews on Steam. So no.

So yep, another skip.

Ehh, I’ve heard some people praise the remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur, but honestly I’d probably never get around to playing it. The rest I don’t have time for either. Probably a skip like this last month ended up being, although I was mildly interested in Deathloop, just not enough to buy it right away, plus it’s on Game Pass.