Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

You really do need to double-check. The scenario I described earlier happened to me. They make you confirm you want to pause many times in a row.

Yep, there’s at least three “Are You Sure’s” with the confirmation button in different places for each. It’s only at the end when you get a “You are Paused” and the banner at the top as [SlainteMhath] points out that you are 100% sure.

Got caught out a few times too, but at least they are fine and prompt with the refund requests.

That’s true, but it would be better if they didn’t use a scummy dark pattern to trick users into not pausing in the first place.

Yeah, the use of Dark Patterns is pretty awful. I don’t mind you giving me a single ‘Are you sure, here is a discount if you don’t’ but after that, let me pause it. Don’t be so passive aggressive or annoying, or trick me into not pausing.

Interesting if true

Hope it’s accurate! Pathfinder has been on my wish list for a while, so if true that would be my first non- pause month in a while.

If I didn’t already own Pathfinder 2 I would absolutely go for that bundle. Great CRPG, right in my wheelhouse. Fallout 76 I wouldn’t assign any value at all.

This is me, too. I was a Kickstarter backer, so this doesn’t do me much good, but it’s a fantastic deal for anyone that doesn’t have Wrath of the Righteous.

How about Thronebreaker?

It’s a card game. If you enjoy them it is supposed to be a good one.

Ok thanks

Looks like the leak was spot on.

A great bundle for $12 (possibly $8), but sadly I already own Pathfinder WotR:EE and ThroneBreaker from previous bundles elsewhere, and while I love the Fallout franchise, I love it as a solo RPG, not as a multiplayer online game. None of the indie content really interests me either. Pause.

Wait, so the leak was for a reveal that was later the same day? I feel like I spent some brain cells that I’d like to get back please.

One of the Steam curators I follow calls Othercide “Into the Breach for hypergoths.” For whatever that’s worth.

Othercide is a surprisingly positively reviewed turn-based tactical combat game, like Xcom. It may or may not be a roguelike, some people referenced that.

Shady Part of Me is another highly positively reviewed puzzle platformer. This one I’m actually kinda interested in, at least to put on my backlog, but not enough to spend $8.

Five Dates is shockingly well-reviewed. It’s a FMV rom-com basically. If you have any interest in this sort of thing, it’s probably worth eight dollars.

I’m gonna pass, because I already own (and love) Pathfinder 2 and the rest of the games don’t speak to me personally, but clearly they aren’t scraping up garbage this month. Other than F76 of course.

Couldn’t figure out where I recognized one of the actresses from. Turns out she was one of the recent companions on Doctor Who (Mandip Gill).

Hey, also… your post seems to imply that you can always get the bundle for $8, but I think most of the time I consider pausing I don’t get offered that deal. Anyone know the conditions for that?

This is a tricky month for me, with games that seem good but I’m just not sure I’ll get around to playing.

Very good bundle. Will be unpausing after very long time.

From what I can tell, if you paused the previous month and go to pause again, they always offer you $4 off.

Okay! So it’s because I purchase more often than I pause. I think I’ve only paused twice in a row once since the start of the program.

Indeed, and since you presumably found $12 in value those months that’s nothing to be concerned about.