Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

I checked them out on Steam and most of the extras outside of Warhammer seemed like decent stuff, Rive especially.
Just dont have time to play them tho…

Level 34!

Finally gave Space Run Galaxy a try, I quite like it! To its credit, it took me a little while to recognize it as a tower defense game, which I traditionally ignore these days. It’s got some fun mechanics.

I liked Space Run too but kinda struggled with the manual management of the turrets…is that automated in Galaxy?

Not sure which management you’re referring to. You still have to rotate the rotatable ones yourself, and you still have to activate their special abilities manually.

Most of the changes to the game are at the meta level. You now fly around a map, and some runs take multiple ‘hops’ to complete; you can do runs multiple times with partial cargo if you want. And there’s crafting materials you can fly from place to place to get them to the right crafter to get more weapons/etc. for your ship.

The actual runs are very similar, except that there are now “upgrade” components that make your adjacent ship components (of the same category) better.

Less than 1 day till the remainder of the games are revealed!

MUCH EXCITEMENT!

VERY EXCITE, MUCH THRILL.

Yes.

https://forum.quartertothree.com/user_avatar/forum.quartertothree.com/davelong/240/2230_1.png

The Witness wasn’t floating my boat so I put a hold on my subscription. I’m going to be pissed if there are two or three awesome titles in there.

Wow, this is the first bundle that’s mostly a bust for me. The only game I even remotely care about is Kingdom, though I’ve been told I’ll like event[0]. Feh.

As for next month, I already have Dirt Rally, but that’s a freaking steal for anyone who doesn’t. I’ll keep my subscription in the hopes of more awesome. It’s been good to me far more often than not.

My thoughts exactly about this month. I guess Black Mesa could be alright.

Next month though, Inside or Dirt Rally alone would be worth the $12. Happy to have my payment go through early this month.

This turned out to be a great bundle, I had Black Mesa, Layers of Fear and Event Zero on my wishlist. :D

Next month also looks good already with Inside and Dirt Rally!

Every month I eagerly wait for the next reveal and almost always I either have it or I’m not interested, usually the former. I hope if I keep to my reduced buying I’ll eventually be able to take advantage of these bundles.

Next month looks good with both Inside and Dirt Rally, both on my wishlist. Resubscribed.

Yeah, this bundle is a whole lot of “Wha–?” for me, but next month with Dirt Rally I’m paying early. Win some and lose some.

These bundles are kind of incredible at showing just how much of an embarrassment of riches we have now as gamers.

The Witness and Inside are not just two of the best games of 2016, but one is quite possibly one of the greatest puzzle games of all time, and the other is one of the most perfectly executed examples of pure artistic and aesthetic intent ever conceived.

And you can get each one for twelve measly bucks, in addition to 10+ other games.

What a time!

The craziest part is hurriedly walking by them without making eye contact because I’m already loaded up past my breaking point with games I love even more.

A middling bunch. Black Mesa was on my list, and I’ve heard good things about Kingdoms. Event [0] looks like it has potential, but I’m afraid The Witness will become inpenetrable very quickly.

Meanwhile Tumblestone was only meh on XB1, and Layers of Fear is not my kind of game.

For the curious (like me), who didn’t get the bundle this month, here were the games:

Layers of Fear - 1st person psychological horror. This was also part of GwG on Xbox last month, so I own it but haven’t installed it, since the review scores are low
Black Mesa - Half Life 1 fan remake that’s not finished yet. I don’t think they have the Xen portion of the game in there yet, right? I was thinking I would wait for the complete game before looking for sales.
The Witness - First person slide puzzle island. I enjoyed it in the beginning, but when I left for a while and tried to go back, I’d lost track of what I’d learned and where I should go next. If you’re going to play this, I suggest you wait until you have a nice big chunk of time so you won’t get distracted by other games. Because once you come back, you’ll have forgotten the skills you need.
Kingdom - New Lands - Warning, this game uses pixel art, and looking at the cover art may hurt your eyes.
Event [0] - First person narrative exploration game where you type into terminals on a space station. Sounds intriguing?
Tumblestone - This was a free game on PS+ or GwG, I can’t remember which, but basically a variation on tetris type or Bejeweled type games, but not as good as the original games that inspired it.
Slime-San - From the description, I can’t tell what this is. Maybe a platformer?
Jawns - A humble original that you can’t find elsewhere. The Speed of Checkers combined with the depth of Chess, they say.

Not feeling bad about skipping this month. Kind of interested in event[0] though.