Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

BTW, for what it’s worth, the credit shown for my referrer was only $3 for some reason. Maybe because I’m a previous Humble Bundle/Store customer? And the 10% off appears to apply to Humble Store purchases made after signing up to Humble Monthly, since I was charged the full 12 bucks for the month to month plan.

Still, Dirt Rally and Inside for 12 bucks! Not bad.

EDIT: there is no general Humble Store 10% off coupon in my account, so there may be some weirdness going on. I put in a support request.

I think it comes out automatically and is shown on your cart, not a separate coupon

That’s not what this article says: it says you should see it when you click on your email and view “Coupons.”

Linky

I did get the $5 , and yes the 10% is automatically applied on all games on the site, including sale prices.

Well, I guess they’ve got to update some web pages on their site, then. I’ll throw some stuff in my cart and see what happens.

EDIT: OK, looks like the prices are automatically discounted by 10% if you’re signed into your Humble Account. I ended up buying Orwell, which looks interesting. I still paid the full 12 bucks for the first month of the Monthly Bundle.

Yes, if you previously subscribed to a Humble Monthly at any point, the 10% off the actual Monthly Bundle will not apply, it will be $12. It’s only $10.80 for first timers.

To be honest, the referral shouldn’t have worked either, as they state that it’s only valid on first time customers. I’m glad it did though. The 10% off everything, as you’ve discovered, is applied to the prices you see in the store once you’re a subscriber. It’s automatic.

Do I understand correctly that you get to wait and see what the main game is the next month before deciding whether to continue your sub?

The main game for next month is already announced, Dirt Rally and Inside. :)

You get them on the day your subscription charges you, that date is in your account info page.

My charge date is the last day of the month. It does give you an option to charge immediately and get next month’s announced games now.

No, I mean I just signed up for dirt rally.

Different starting point. Same result. There will come a day in May when the whole bundle will be revealed, and you can get the rest of your games. And on the same day they’ll also announce June’s bundle’s headlining games. And you can cancel your subscription at that point if you don’t like what’s announced. Or you can cancel it now, and you’ll still get May’s bundle.

Ok, cool. That’s what I thought. Thanks.

I never did subscribe to Humble Monthly before, though, so I don’t know why I didn’t get the $1.20 discount on the first month. Oh well.

OK, I got a reply on why I didn’t get the $1.20 off. It’s because I bought the “Staff Picks” bundle a few months ago, supposedly. AFAIK that wasn’t a Monthly Bundle so I find it a bogus explanation but whatever, it’s $1.20.

So I put my Humble subscription on a one month pause for the previous month and I guess I forgot about it or maybe thought it was a permanent pause but I just got charged for this month’s bundle. Is it too late to cancel the charge? I have no interest in the revealed games. If I can’t cancel then i sure hope whatever’s in the rest of the bundle is good!

It’s definitely worth writing to Humble’s customer service and asking. They often take a little while to respond, but my interactions with them have been positive.

Agreed. I’ve interacted with them once roughly a year ago and it was pleasant enough to get me to bump up my Humble Tip on every bundle I’ve bought since then.

Same for me, forgot to pause again. But ah well, I guess I’ll eat it. Didn’t own Inside or whatever rally.

I sent an email off to the Humble guys last night and within a couple hours I had a refund. Great customer service. Of course, the hidden games in the bundle will end up being awesome.

Yes. I had a couple occasions where like an idiot I double purchased a bundle and they rolled back the duplicate for me no questions asked (of course I hadn’t claimed any keys yet).