Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Holy crap, Shadow Tactics. How awesome. And Silence and World to the West on the side? Cool. Lastly, the Humble Original is a weirdo looking game by the folks who did Hohokum, so that’s great too.

It sure is. It gets pretty tough. I fell a couple missions short of completing it. It was still worth it.

I am considering the yearly subscription given the $20 bonus, and the fact that I have found most of the time the headline game isn’t interesting there are always 1-2 games in the bundle that I would love to have.

I can think of two reasons why not:

• With the IGN purchase there might be a significant change in the quality of the bundles within the next year.
  • That backlog, man.

You make a compelling argument, one I had with myself this weekend in fact.

I was all set to pull the trigger for $132 for 12 months (and net that nice $20 store credit kickback) when two things stopped me from pushing the “Upgrade” button on my account page.

1. I’d automatically start with the H1Z1 bundle, no option to skip/pause it. I have no desire to own H1Z1.
  2. As you say, the IGN factor crept into my decision making process. Part of me wonders if the inclusion of Dead Rising 2 and Resident Evil 5, both outliers for Humble Monthly as they are older games that have already seen bundle action, is a pre-cursor for what’s to come. Put up a decent headliner, one that grabs attention, include at least one other new-to-bundle recent game, then backfill with indie games and bundle fodder.

I decided to take a wait-and-see approach. I will skip this month, see what the H1Z1 bundle brings in terms of reveals, and see what the next headliner is. If the quality remains high, and they keep up some sort of bonus for going 12 months, then I may jump on board in January.

Anyone else prefer the old Humble site to the new one recently introduced? They changed the way you navigate the bundle pages. I liked the previous way where each bundle had a link at the top and there were categories for games and books and mobile. Now you have to click a button to get a list of them and click the one you want to see. Not a big deal, just curious if anyone else felt the same about it.

Agreed. New UI is far less intuitive.

Yep. Terrible change. It’s much slower and awkward to navigate.

I don’t care for that change, but they should change the way they display the bundles themselves though : it has always been a mess of scroll down unintuitivity.

So are we supposed to be charged for the current Monthly this Friday, or did that happen already? I think my CC on file with them may be the one that was recently compromised, which may explain why I haven’t heard if the latter is the case.

Also, the last day of November is a Thursday, a week after Thanksgiving.

We’ll likely be charged this Friday since next Friday is the first Friday in December.

Ah, good. I’ve got no interest in the headliner this month so I’ll probably be pausing again. But I did take advantage of the extra 10% off for MGS V the other day during the current sale.

I’m so annoyed. I apparently cancelled at some point in August, but I don’t have any memory of it. I felt compelled to try one of the games from a recent Monthly and realized I don’t have any of the keys.

So for the last few months, I’ve been keeping up with the revealed games and being inwardly excited about the games I thought I was getting, when in reality I didn’t get any of them. Those were some good months, too!

So annoyed.

At $12 a month, it just doesn’t seem worth cancelling. I can always skip a lunch out or something to pay for it. The $12 worth of games each month has saved me money in the long run.

I mean, if I ever quit buying games altogether, then sure. I’ll can it.

Exactly that’s why I jumped on the year deal with $20 back in humble store money.

I bought the whole year at the start of 2017, and that way one month is free (you pay $12 x 11). For now there has been a pair of weak months, but even in them there was at least a game or two that were worth it. Of course it helps liking most genres.

Yeah, that’s obviously a key. You have to be a survey gamer to get solid benefits. I’m definitely that!!

Well, the kind of survey gamer who doesn’t have a lot of games already. I have a broad spectrum of taste but any given Humble Bundle I often own 50+% of it already, so the Humble Monthly’s blind buy approach is significantly riskier.

That’s the thing though… I stopped buying things on sale that could easily end up in a bundle. Unless I’m going to play it right away, it’s easy to be patient now.

I have 440 games in my steam library and countless more on various consoles. I own a LOT of games, and I still only end up with one, maybe two dupes in a month at most.

You sweet summer child.

I own 2697 games just on Steam.

But I recognize that I’m an outlier. ;)

Wow, that’s more than even I have. I need to catch up. ;)