Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Since I’m slowing down my buying joining Humble may be worth it at some point. There usually isn’t a ton that I want in their monthlies, and then when you factor in the games I already have it would rarely have been worth it to me. There was 1 or 2 months where I wanted the reveal and I got it just for that month. Many times there is a game or 2 that I’d want, but nothing that I feel I need to have - in that case I rather get the game on its own for $5 or something.

Yeah, that’s a bit of an outlier. Do you have consoles too? I mean, I still buy stuff for old systems. I have an Neo Geo CD game (Viewpoint) and two SEGA Saturn games on the way right now via eBay. (House of the Dead and Panzer Dragoon… both the import versions…) I have a serious amount of games for consoles at home and more digitally on the stores.

We’re a sad bunch here.

That’s my philosophy as well.

Yes, and a few hundred mostly physical games for those, up through last generation, with no plan to buy into the current gen or going forward. I gave away a bunch earlier this year when I thought I was going to be moving, to cut down on the amount of stuff I’d have to pack, but mostly stuff I now own on PC or didn’t expect to ever want to play again. Also some boxed or jewel case PC games, and a few hundred games on GOG (though GOG Connect means like 50-60 of those are duplicates of Steam), a couple dozen apiece on uPlay, Origin and Gamersgate, a few miscellaneous others.

Cool. I forgot about GoG. I have like 70 games there. I also have a horde of physical PC games. You definitely outclass me in the Steam category, though.

You guys definitely have me beat.

GOG - 181
Steam - 381
Humble - 180~
Boxed - 170~

Console - 33, and nothing newer than PS2 era…

This is me too. And I know it’s naughty or maybe stupid, but if there’s a game I really want from a bundle, I can usually find someone selling their key real cheap on one of those dodgy sites.

Haven’t seen anyone posted yet so… Brutal Legend is currently free to redeem on HB for a day

It might be worth that price, maybe.

Oh, it’s definitely worth that price. Even if you don’t get on with the RTS that’s the primary gameplay, zero bucks for a few chapters of cruising around Heavy Metal Album Cover Land and cranking up the sweet tunes is a great deal.

Fuck man, Brutal Legend is a masterpiece. Anyone who says they feel shortchanged by the RTS gameplay, there’s maybe a half dozen RTS battles and they aren’t even that bad. I beat the game on the toughest difficulty and I ain’t no ringer, I can tell you that. This is the real deal. And I don’t even like metal all that much. Sorry, I had a couple beers with dinner.

This. A million times this.

Brutal Legend is heavy on character and atmosphere, but the gameplay isn’t very good. Because that character was so good
though, I didn’t mind the time I spent with the mediocre gameplay.

Remainder of the games drop this Friday, sure as heck better be some good stuff in there to make up for the H1Z1 turd.

There’s already a playable preview for Way of the Passive Fist which looks pretty cool. That’s the parry to attack beat em up game.

Been thinking that myself. Phooey on MMO/online-only Bundle selections.

I too am hopeful of this. This is the first time I’ve not been excited about a bundle due to its headliner.

30 minutesssssss.

Shhhh, no one likes a countdown.

There are so many damn games in this world that I can’t even keep up with the only genre I play.