Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

But, goods news, it reminded me to check my subscription and I was going to auto-renew on a yearly plan soon (got a discount last year), so I switched it to month-to-month at least.

Probably saved me some money if the whole thing goes downhill. :D

Wow, I had no idea Humble has been around for 10 years already. Time flies.

I can’t begrudge Rosen and Graham departing after a decade at the helm. They did a great job, Humble has raised nearly $150 million for charity over it’s existence. While the new guy’s resume is a bit eclectic, it sounds like the co-founders are going to stick around through the rest of 2019 and possibly into the future as advisors, which means the transition should be smoother than if they were just cashing in and taking off.

It also reminds me I need to re-up for this month so I can get Northgard and Mutant Year Zero. I had been hoping for a “Come back to Humble and get ____ free” email, but that never materialized.

And the new early unlock is … AC Origins.

Meh.

The link isn’t showing up properly, that’s the april games page.

Mutant Year Zero
Northgard
Absolver
Minit
Tannenberg Eastern Front
She Remembered Caterpillars
Steel Rats
Dandara
A Short Hike (humble original)

I stayed for Mutant Year Zero and Minit.

Intrigued by Dandara and a Short Hike.

Not a great month for me. Already owned four games, only really have an interest in Steel Rats and Dandara.

Already own AC Origins too. Wheeee.

Gave Minit a try the past few days. Fun little game. Already finished though. Definitely worth playing if you got it in the bundle.

I had Dandara in my wishlist, so at least it’s a nice surprise.

Woah. For $12, I wonder if it’s worth seeing if my PC can handle it. I heard the game is pretty CPU dependent, and I have a CPU from early 2009.

I can give you my extra copy if you want.

That’s sounds like an even better deal than spending $12 to find out! :) Thank you!

Narrator: It can’t.

Seriously, I’d be very surprised.

How well does Origins use the setting?

I already have a ton of AC games in my backlog (thanks Xbox), but I don’t think I have any good egypt stuff.

I have an early i7 from the same era (and a new 1050 Ti) and managed to make it work by dialing down some of the “vanity” details, like volumetric clouds. Some relatively minor features seem to eat a LOT of CPU. With that stuff adjusted, I was able to otherwise run it on high settings.

The game is very pretty! Now, if that’s a good use of the setting or you wanted something more… meaningful, I will let you decide.

Is this the one with the no fighting history lesson option? That’s great! Never played an AC game.

I tried the original AC and hated it. Was so bored. Hated all of it.

I tried AC Origins and am LOVING it. Seriously, the setting is WONDERFUL. And so gorgeous.

Yes, the discovery mode is pretty awesome.

Thanks guys, in for may :)

Good month for me. Mutant Year Zero, Northgard, and Minit all look cool, and I’m at least mildly curious about Dandara and She Remembered Caterpillars.

Dunno if AC Origins will be worth it for me. None of the Ubi open-world games I’ve dabbled in have held my attention for more than a couple of hours, and I already have a copy of Odyssey from the Project Stream beta waiting for me to get around to it.