Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

So what you’re saying is, maybe different people like to spend their money in different ways. Huh. I’ll have to think on that.

Maybe what I’m saying is the choice is more than either spending $12 on a Humble Monthly or risking boredom. I’ll have to think if I can come up with another way of saying that.

The fact is, @DaveLong was correct, as were the people arguing against his point of view.

The Humble Monthly Bundle priced at $12 (+tax in some places) is absolutely one of the most consistently good deals in digital game distribution. You get half a dozen or more games to add to your Steam library every month, there has thus far been ZERO repetition (from month-to-month within the HMB, obviously some games will appear in other bundles both on Humble and at other sites), and the overall quality:value ratio of the games is high given the average $2 per-game price you’re paying.

That said, all people are different. Maybe you tend to purchase games that mostly fall into only a handful of categories (in my case RPGs, strategy titles, space games and the occasional FPS or puzzler that catches my eye). Or perhaps you already have an extensive backlog of games, many of which have appeared in the HMB over time. In situations like that, the Humble Monthly Bundle may not be the best way to optimize your purchasing power on an ongoing basis, and instead makes more sense being considered on a month-to-month basis as a regular bundle based on it’s revealed titles.

The point is, the HMB can be BOTH a fantastic deal in gaming, AND not the right choice for everyone. Arguing over it is silly. Just enjoy the damn deals.

How dare you?

That’s it, I’m out.

No, it cannot be both! Pick a side and draw steel, you wishy-washy flibbertigibbet!

But wait!

Is it objectively a good deal for everyone? If you hate oranges, and they are on special for 1 cent / 10 pounds, is that a good deal, even for you?

I would say yes. You could learn to juggle with them or make orange art.

Thus, everybody must buy Humble Bundles, and learn to juggle.

Clearly divedivedive is the new Tina Turner. Or he will be, if he ever learns to dance in heels.

The conundrum of the Humble Bundle is that it is simultaneously a fantastic deal and a complete waste of money. At least until you open the box and the cat’s dead.

Woa…

Mind blown.

Oh sure, I make a Tina Turner joke and you go and say something profound. I see how it is!

Cross post from the EPIC thread, soon the Humble Store will be selling EPIC Store timed exclusive games.

I wonder if the monthly bundle will start having epic keys… I guess we will see, eventually.

Early monthly reveal: Minit

Great timing! I was actually just looking at getting that in a current sale on Switch.

Nice, I’ve heard good things about and have been tempted the last time I saw it on sale.

Friendly reminder that if you mean to pause this month you need to do so today. I’m not pausing because I’m interested in Mutant Year Zero.

.Humble Bundle co-founders stepping down after best year ever | GamesIndustry.biz

Humble Bundle co-founders Jeffrey Rosen and John Graham have stepped down from their roles as CEO and COO of the company, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Made it as a link, since the picture is huge for some reason.

Troubling.

Recently, he was chief product officer at Kixeye, before that he was studio general manager at Zynga, and before that he was vice president of product development at Double Fine.

That’s quite the mixed bag.