Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age - Crytek, co-op monster hunting

Brace yourself for a spine-chilling new multiplayer experience on PC and consoles as Crytek ventures into the shadows in HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age.

Evolve vs Hunt: FIGHT!!!

Free-to-play. Procedurally generated environments. Beta starts later this year. Will be shown at E3.

Aw, man. They have all the wonderful potential of a gaslight/pulp setting… and they do fucking zombies?! How does one yawn in frustration?

Evolve wins!

YAWARGG!

Also, Evolve is PvP. This just seems like Co-op.

I will play both games and be happy. :)

Prehistoric American mega-fauna disagree.

Come on Telefrog, 2 minutes late

edit: it’s the other way oops, I was 2 minutes late.

Mmmm I don’t understand how it happened. If It was done 2 minutes before, it should have been in the first 2 or 3 positions of the forum, and I didn’t see it there. The only explanation is you posting it just in the same moment I clicked on “new thread”, lol.

Suck it, TT! Now you know how I play co-op!

(Sorry, TurinTur, I had to play kingmaker on the battle of the threads on that when I posted the first response. I went with the one that had the video that illustrated my point.)

And the game is like this…

That looks really fun. I love the “Press mouse to do stuff” pop-up :-D

It does look fun! :)

Looks pretty cool. I like the idea of being able to pick your loadout beforehand, so more along the lines of Payday rather than L4D. Also being able to get new items by defeating bosses sounds great. Between this and Evolve, there’s going to be some great PC Co-op going on soon.

I’ll certainly check it out. A lot rides on how the F2P model is implemented. I like that they are turning to real myths for inspiration – could be kind of like a 19th century, action-oriented Secret World (without the great writing and puzzles, of course).

:D

You can apply for the beta on the official page, though who knows when that will start. Also requires a GFace account.

That looks cool. Except for the “Press mouse to do stuff” pop-up…

How else will your accountant’s grandma know how to do stuff?

This is coming to E3 as Hunt: Showdown.

[quote]
Based on the previously announced title Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age, Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown has taken the original concept in a different direction under a new development team.[/quote]

I recall this looking pretty cool during the E3 when it was announced. I wonder what the “different direction” they’ve taken winds up being.

So the original co-op plan is now a pvp game. Screw that.

isn’t pvp just coop vs coop? ;)