I might be crazy - going to Colorado

With my situation, it feels like I’m going to the Moon and staying on a Lunar base. I’ll explain :)

Some of you may know my background, Cystic Fibrosis, Oxygen dependent (though aren’t we all - LOL). Since I spent time on a ventilator/coma, I have not traveled more than 90 miles from my house. The only place I’ve stayed overnight is my parents little cottage, and we have to have Oxygen delivered there ahead of time. So the logistics of medicine, oxygen, and travel has been daunting.

My beloved Uncle is on his last set of chemo, and I wanted to spend some time with him before the end. Been thinking about this for a while and finally decided I’d just throw it all on my credit cards and do it. I’ve been kinda healthy despite my lungs re-enacting Val Kilmer scenes from “Tombstone”, so here I am - a clueless traveler. I’ll be there 10 days. What should I try to do while there? I’ll be staying in suburbs between Denver and Boulder. Any tips for the air travel parts? I have not flown in 30 years, so yea - things have changed a bit since I last flapped my wings.

Is there a QT3 contingent that lives there? Would anyone want to meet up for dinner or something fun one night if I have time?

Hey, Jeff! I don’t know if there’s more than just me around these parts, but it sounds like you’ll be right in my neck of the woods! (I live in Broomfield, half-way between Denver and Boulder.) Would love to meet up for lunch, dinner, board games (if that’s your thing)… Whatever sounds good to you!

Anyone else local to Denver that I don’t know about?

When exactly will you be out, Jeff?

I assume you’re on top of any altitude issues you might potentially have out here. A lot of our must-see landmarks are up in the Rockies. I’ll try to think of some stuff to see and do round these parts.

That would be fantastic! I’ll send you details.

My entire adult experience in travel was to go to hospitals to be experimented on, so this is undiscovered country. The O2 is interesting. I should need 2 liters more per minute than I use here, so it should be manageable. We’ll see :)

I’m in Colorado too. Up in the mountains a bit in a town called Evergreen. About 30-40 mins west of downtown Denver. Definitely let us know when you will be in town!