I need to lose myself in a game for a couple of days

Play JA2 with 1.13, then try to play it without. Trust me, you’ll notice the difference and you’ll want to go back. It’s worth it just for the gun mouseover info.

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer.

Yes, Mass Effect. Play it through twice.

Space Rangers 2 Reboot.

You need to suck at games more. Portal was 7 hours long!

Also, there are all kinds of challenge levels that open up after you finish Portal. Haven’t tried them, but I’ve heard there are some interesting variations on the levels.

I’m probably far too late, but anyway: Robert, there is definitely a patch you’ll need if you want to reinstall MOO2, it’s 1.31.
What I rediscovered lately is Colonization, the original DOS version. What a great game that is, that swallows you up and makes large chunks of time vanish into thin air like nothing. Still holds up, even at a resolution of 320*240. It just doesn’t matter. If you’re not categorically opposed to using DosBox that could have been the ultimate diversion.

On the other hand, MOO and MOO2 are immortal classics. I install it on every new PC I buy. Imperialism was also a great proposal.

That may not have been what Robert was looking for, but… <3 Joe, you’re my hero! Finally a living person that also loves the greatness of Oni. God bless you.

You don’t even need dosbox! The windows version works fine. Infact the dos version works fine here, though your mileage may vary on that one. Everyone should play colonization. EVERYONE.

Thanks for the patch. I DLed it for later. As you may see from another thread, I decided to reload Arcanum, since I didn’t play it long and I wrote a book for it that may have ended up in the game (it netted me a free copy of the game through some contest…not sure if it was used). I want to try and find it.

was the thief series mentioned?

Due to a lack of better judgment, I’ve since lost myself in WOW.