I Played This Indie Game and You Should Too!

It was. I know it was the prototype basically for all the Xbox controllers to follow, but man, those triggers were painful to use. And the thumbsticks were painful to use too.

Did I hear someone saying something NEGATIVE about the Dreamcast?!

Hey, I’m love the Dreamcast too, but those controllers suh-huh-huh-hucked. Super hard.

Could you guys convert those Gifs into a format viewable on the VMU, where I prefer to consume such content.

Ok, here goes!

Machiavillain is out, and on sale for 16 pieces of gold pressed latinum.

Looks like a mashup of Oxygen Not Included, Dungeon Keeper, and Prison Architect.

Now…who’s gonna take one for the team?

Gold-pressed latinum. I’m pretty sure you just broke one of the Rules of Acquisition or something.

You’re right, of course. Aging sucks.

…but latinum lasts forever. #102. ;)

Me? Alrighty, then.

Terry Cavanagh (of VVVVVV and Super Hexagon fame) is working on a new game called Dicey Dungeons. It feels a lot like deck-building dungeon crawlers like Dreamquest, but with dice! It’s free to play online right now, as it’s in development. He’s said eventually it will likely be his next retail release.

https://www.terrycavanaghgames.com/dice/8/

yes! this is a very satisfying game. my only other reference for this sort of dice resource mechanic is elder sign, which i enjoy, and this might be better.

is that just a prototype or is the final game going to look more or less like that?

I don’t know, but I’m guessing it will get a full art treatment when the mechanics are more settled.

Based on the art from his previous games, I’m guessing pretty close to final graphics already.

I just played an hour or two of Fate Tectonics!

This game is basically what you get nine months after you send Tetris on a romantic Mediterranean cruise with Populous. What I like about it (beyond the core world-building systems) is that there appears to be a number of modes to play in with differing playstyles.

You may or may not love the art, but it’s got character. What I predict you definitely will not love is how the character hover around the game screen unpredictably, but I’ve learned to tolerate it.

Oh, and it’s a dollar in the Steam sale!

@YeliOrog

Game looks interesting. How do the puzzles work given the fmv nature? Do you get to interact with elements on screen?