I Played This Indie Game and You Should Too!

This is one of my favorite tablet games. I much preferred doing things on my tablet to mashing keys. :) Usually I’m in your camp, but this game did the tablet port really well. My point is, for whatever platform you want, get this game everybody.

Free browser game, fun between bouts of work, ‘Dojo of Death’:

And an older one, ‘Too Many Ninjas!’:

http://www.foddy.net/Ninjas.html

Dojo of Death is cool for a Flash game. It made me wonder how to expand it so it works just as well as One Finger Death Punch. As it is, I was done with it after 5 minutes.

Free browser based music odd-ball ‘game’ thing, seaquence:

http://seaquence.org/

RPS blurb about it here:

Free browser Monty Python Large Foot Stomping game, or something:

Pardon me if it’s been posted about elsewhere, but I’m having a lot of fun with this: A Dark Room – text-based survival… city-builder? Clearly it’s got some Candy Box-like surprises up its sleeve. But I haven’t gotten far yet.

Well this is pretty fun for an alpha (I don’t even know if I’d call it an alpha, it’s more like a tech demo): MiniMetro. Link stations with track. Transport as many passengers as you can before the system overloads. That’s it!

Just finished this, I enjoyed it. It is very much built from Candy Box’s DNA, but with a little more of an exploratory flavor.

I found this somewhere 6 months or a year ago, it really is a fun little diversion. More interesting than cookie clicker for instance.

Fun and Free ‘Thief-like’ demi game, Beneath The City:

RPS stuff here:

I really hope the dev does seriously consider his suggestion of doing a full game based on this.

Zak, I love ya man but I gotta ask, you don’t get all of your news just from RPS do you?

The rules seemed inconsistent in this game. Sometimes I could be next to an enemy and step into their spot (with them moving on), othertimes it would altert them?

No, but besides the ‘internets backlash’ against them thing (for speaking up about sexism etc iirc?), i think they do a pretty good job of casting the games net far and wide, so they do quite often turn up the kind of more interesting thing i might be interested in.

@ Pod, they have the source code if you really want to investigate. I suspect there is a random roll in that aspect?

Sokobond is released today on Steam, 20% off for the next 6 days.

Or, buy from their site at the same price for a Steam key + DRM-free copy.

I’ve got no opinion, other than that I’ve had this game bookmarked for some reason.

Not sure this is little- as they’re charging $15, but Freedom Planet came out earlier this week.

One of the best homages to a retro game (Sonic) out there. Really charming game with solid quality art/music. Well worth it.

Sounds cool, i think ‘little’ just means ‘any indie’ game in general, so a good place to put info :)

It looks far too much of a “homage”! Is there anything original about it? It really, really looks like a Sonic fan-fic project. It even has a page dedicated to their weird anthro characters with unnecessary amount of backstory.

Sokobond is great if you like Puzzle games… but the part of my brain, which enjoyed puzzle games and their feedback loop, does not get overly excited anymore…

Battle Fleet 2. Turn based naval warfare in the Pacific. Not very deep, but it is enjoyable, and only $10

Unrest is a really interesting and unusual RPG / story game that I have just started playing - http://store.steampowered.com/app/292400/