Ice Maker replacement or new fridge?

And the plot, having been mixed with roux, thickens.

So the wife and I were at a local pub that also has kick ass food. Miller’s Pub. We had the Potstickers for an app. I had the Cheeseburger Flatbread The wife had the Zingers. Wife decides that she has to check to see if we actually got a good deal. She goes to the car to get the receipt. After checking around it seems that the guy at Appliance Direct was wrong about the specs on the fridge. Instead of his stated 28.5 depth it was actually 38.5. This would not allow us to open the bottom freezer drawer due to proximity to the island in the kitchen.

So after a few cocktails we went back. We ended up getting a different fridge.

https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/WRS571CIDM/Standalone_1175X1290.jpg

Difference refunded to card. Food was great. And we stopped by Cool Stuff Games and picked up Eldritch Horror and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective board games.

All in all not a bad day. But I really liked the first fridge.

Im not one to worry much about perfect aesthetics, so that looks like a great deal to me. I have a Sears outlet near me that sells overstock and scratch and dent appliances. I got both my washer and dryer there after I lost my old ones in a flood. I got top of the line stuff at half off, and there was very minimal surface damage to the units. Just a few scratches. If you’re willing to take something that is slightly less than perfect, that’s a great place to buy appliances.

Nice outcome, Rich! Looks very similar to my side by side fridge, which I love. It’s funny that everyone has their favorite layout when you start talking about refrigerators.

reported

I think this thread will just be a series of my “Reported” posts from here on.