IGN's Matrix Online review: cheap attention whore bastards

Why take a swipe at the lowest of the low? Cause it’s fun an satisfying. Here’s their review of the Matrix Online:

Notice something missing? yeah, the score, that thing they always include. But at least they’re the first out the door with a review, and having it headlined as a review will surely get more hits than just ‘preview’ or ‘first impressions’. Stupid attention whore cheap ass website.

I thought they did first impressions without scores for almost all of the major games.

Here is there one for WOW

So not really sure what the issue is. Giving people some indication of early play experience is now bad? They even end it with - “We’ll be jacking back in for a while before offering up our full review.”

But yeah, that it just a " Stupid attention whore cheap ass website."

Chet

I think they just messed up and added it in reviews by mistake. The top image on IGN PC clearly says “Early impressions.”

Stop hating on IGN, gosh.

Jesus Christ, when did this become Gamefaqs? This is something like the fifth thread I’ve seen started to rant about a review someone disagreed with in the past month. Seriously, can you guys, and by you guys, I’m looking squarely at the ones who keep doing it, as if it’s somehow going to lead to a revelation where the reviewer runs onto qt3 to say ‘durr, my bad guys, let me fix this score for you, and maybe I can run all future scores by you, for your approval, before we go to print?’

IE, in other words, vis a vis, qed, caveat lector, CUT THIS SHIT OUT.

Gracias.

I think the trend now is to hold off giving scores to MMOG’s until they’ve had a few months to “mature.” I don’t really have a problem with it, but then I hate the whole idea of scores in the first place.

I’m looking squarely at the ones who keep doing it

This made me giggle.

Were people not allowed to express opinions about reviews? Oh, my bad, can you please post a list of your rules next time so, before anyone makes any more posts, people can read it and make sure not to step on your eggshell toes?

— Alan

Well, rule #1 in response to this thread, maybe - Make sure what you’re complaining about is actually there.

I didn’t even know this game was out yet…how do these games keep slipping past me? Has my subscription to all the gaming mags run out or am I just not reading them? Am I talking to MYSELF in a gaming forum? Damnit.

Decaf.

Mountain Dew. And Bawls, lots of Bawls.

IGN Whore Quote for the new Bard’s Tale:

The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.