Immortals Fenyx Rising - Assassin's Cartoon of The Wild

I too hate puzzles but so far they’ve been really timid.

They’ll get wilder eventually, but they’re all manageable. A few need skills you might not have and not all make that clear, but that’s the exception, not the rule. And late game puzzles can be somewhat tricky, but they’re mostly fair.

Now, if anyone here thinks the puzzles are too much (especially by late game), don’t even try the first DLC because it doubles down on that quite markedly.

I like the base game, haven’t tried the DLC and don’t plan to. A little of this goes a long way for me.

One DLC is just MOTS but set in a fantasy Asia. The other is weird as heck. It turns the game into an isometric action brawler. It’s not good (IMO) but it was interesting to see them experiment so much.

Those are DLCs 2 and 3. DLC 1 is mostly puzzles and pretty hard ones. And a bit of story after the ending of the base game, which is actually cool.

What is that?

More Of The Same.

Ohhh, thanks!

Mysteries of the Sith.

So installed this recently on Game Pass and played a few hours. Seems pretty fun so far. However, about halfway through my latest session, it said that the game could not be saved until I restarted it (my guess is that it somehow got de-synced with the online services). So, I went and restarted the game, and found out that it didn’t save anything from the past two hours I played. How the hell does this happen in the year 2023? Thought we were done with this kind of bullshit already. It kind of makes me not want to play any more of it.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/21/immortals-2-oxygen-elden-ring-wind-waker

Booooooooooo!

Darn, that sounded great.

Yes it did.

Dammit, Ubisoft.

The gamer’s mantra.

Wasn’t the original game already a mix of Elden Ring and Breath of the Wild? How does that somehow make the sequel a “break from the Ubi formula”? Doesn’t seem like much of a scoop.

Other than the setting, of course. Polynesian can be fun!

Isn’t the original game closer to Breath of the Wild alone?

Mix of Elden Ring + Wind Waker sounds different. I think Wind Waker was the one with sea travel where Link travels on a boat?

Edit: Also, you should read the original Axios article if you didn’t, it has a lot more bullet points than just Elden Ring + Wind Waker that goes into more detail.

Sorta. The biggest differences are that in Immortal there’s almost no wandering exploration (everything is very concentrated) and open world puzzles (not the ones in the floating platform maps) are clearly marked as explicit puzzles.

So, very Ubisoft.

Ah, of course, Wind Walker. I subconsciously read that as “Breath of the Wild”, since I have so little frame of reference for the Zelda games. Still, I think of Wind Walker – I do actually know it’s “waker” – as meaning “open world, but with a boat”. Which is pretty much de rigueur when the open world is an archipelago!

I’m still not seeing how that description differs appreciably from what Immortals already was, but I’ll just chalk it up to the usual half-assed headline baiting. It made me curious enough to wonder what the writer was trying to say, but not curious enough to read his article. : )