Immortals Fenyx Rising is what happens when everything comes together perfectly

No choices in Odyssey (except gender). Nor in any other AC or Far Cry I don’t think. Plenty in Wildlands.

Still working on this one. Man are some of those Tartaros Vaults tough. Particularly the ones with lasers. The one that is supposedly only rated 2/3 Typhons but that I still haven’t managed to beat is Medusa’s Lair (where you’re mostly flying from one spot to another). I managed to snag the chest but Zeus’ Lightning, not so much, because you have to not only avoid the lasers at that point, but falling boulders. I’m sure there are much worse ones-- I tried another laser-filled extravaganza called the Road to Erebos or something and that was worse for sure.

In case anyone is interested this is on sale on a bunch of sites, and WinGameStore has the Season Pass for $3.99. $19.99 actually (the thread title on Reddit showed the wrong price).*

*About that: since it’s all Ubisoft Connect anyway, does it make a bit if difference if I bought the main game on the Epic Game Store but (possibly) buy the Season Pass elsewhere? I would think not but I just want to make sure.

That depends. Some stores won’t let you buy the season pass from them if you didn’t buy the base game from them already (even though they actually activate on UbiSoft).

Thanks, that makes sense. The price I mentioned turned out to be wrong in any case, and I gather the DLCs are no great shakes, so it’s academic for this game.

Spinoff coming?

As reported by Eurogamer via Giant Bomb via a source on the Games Mess Decides podcast. Huh?

Anyway, I guess future games can also be called Immortals? But anyway, early pre-production, so it might never make it to a final game anyway.

That does remind me though, I need to play Breath of the Wild, and then Immortals.

I’m all about more Immortals. I enjoyed it more than Breath of The Wild(I’m one of those people that couldn’t get over the weapon degradation system).

I just picked this up on Switch and totally agree. This is working for me so much better than BotW.

Be happy to play it if they get rid of the stupid champions that continually harass you, preventing me from enjoying the stuff I liked.

You mean when the sky goes stormy and dark and all that?

I think he means the narrators that squabble with each other while you’re playing the game. At least, that’s how it worked in the demo, which is the main reason why I avoided the game. I just hated that in the demo.

This seems like one of the few games where a Greek chorus would be entirely appropriate.

No, I loved Zeus and Prometheus.

I’m talking about the three(?) champions…I think Achilles was the first. I’d want to work on some puzzle or challenge but Achilles kept interrupting. @Papageno might be right about the sky going dark etc., but I don’t recall for sure. I just remember I went from having a ball to shelving the game because of it.

It’s been a while, but you can stop their meddling by finding a certain shrine and facing them for good. Then they stop. I don’t remember how you find or unlock those shrines, though - I think it shows you them on your first encounter with the corrupted heroes…?

Likewise. They’re part of what really sold me on it.

Although Zeus’s Greek accent is noticeably fake compared to that of the actor playing Prometheus.

Why would they have Greek accents?

(Not sure if serious)

Because they’re from the Greek Pantheon?

That whole “They’re Greek Gods” thing springs to mind.

God and Titan. Whichever.:)

I don’t get it. Wouldn’t that mean they speak Greek, not English with a Greek accent? If they’re speaking English, isn’t that just what we’re hearing, instead of Greek? What does the Greek accent imply? That they spoke Greek with an accent?