Imperator: Rome

Two is not lots. Carthage decisions in the first six hours of my game where build a port and get a foothold in Hispania. And the bonus you get are pretty minor.

But I agree that the game is done. There are things I don’t like about it and that I hope will change, but it’s a solid if uninspired (for me) game about a subject I really like.

There are more events that pop up through the game. There are some Punic Wars stuff if you get involved something similar.

Is it me or is speed one crazy fast?
I think we need a slower speed available.

You did set it down from 3 right? It starts at 3 by default now.

Oh, that looks like a modern recreation it’s in such good nick! It’s always fun to stop by the local museums and get some inspiration for gaming! Sorry I was unable to drop by your live stream, tough to do at that time.

Definitely an interesting game, but it’s kind of overwhelming to get into…I have been playing CK2 again recently and as opaque as that can be at times, this has a lot more systems, and a bit of a rough UI.

Has anyone found any good lrn2play videos yet?

Edit: Arumba has a pretty good series for people new to the game at:

Gets into all the math, which is nice.

I’m playing at speed 1 and compared to other paradox titles, this is lightning fast, they need to slow speed 1 down…

Houston’s classical art museum is second only to like the National Gallery in London. It’s stupefying how many greco roman masterpieces are here in damn near perfect condition.

For people who are playing, any tips on making money?

I’ve got trade routes going. I have picked a few bonuses to enhance tax and commerce income. I’ve added a marketplace.

But I’m still running in the red. I feel like I’m missing some big mechanic, or that I’m not doing something obvious.

Speed 1 seems fast to me, too. Admittedly I’m coming from HOI7, which ticks 24 hours per day at a leisurely pace on speed 1. Still, at this pace, characters will be born, live and die all in the space of one game session. Maybe that’s okay?

There are omens and techs that increase tax revenue. I don’t know who you are playing as, but some local powers start the game paying tribute to a larger one, so you may want to check on that and cancel it if necessary.

Other than that, start conquering. Successful conquests yield more slaves, which generate more income.

So you’re exporting goods as well? I only have experience with Carthage, and you start large enough that with all of the access to trade you have making money is easy.

One thing you could try is switch to Free Trade which opens up more trade routes.

Thanks! I’ll try that, and nope, I wasn’t exporting goods either.

I just watched a couple of episodes of the video series that @MikeOberly posted, and that’s given me a few more ideas so far…

Move slave population around to generate extra goods to trade.
Perhaps destroying some buildings to make room for extra marketplaces.

Sorry for the double post, but anyone have ideas on how to restore stability?

Asking for a friend. ;)

You can sacrifice to the gods. Upper left of the religion menu.

Paradox needs to implement clicking on a resource/value and having a dropdown menu with all the actions that consume or modify that value.

Cool! My friend says “Thank you!”

Everytime I fire this game up I start humming this

Eight year comeback! Nice!

Sorry, offtopic - never seen this before…

It’s been a while since we’ve seen InfiniteJest — their last post was 8y ago.

Welcome back!