Imperator: total failure

It is my sad duty to admit that this game was a waste of time for everyone involved. Whether this outcome discredits the underlying ideas or is merely the result of my own shortcomings, I don’t know. Either way, I will not attempt a similar project again.

My apologies to everyone for soiling the board with it.

Soiling the board with it? It seemed pretty neat to me. It also seemed like a hell of a lot of work to pull it off. You only need to fill the cast with people just as insane as you!

Fuck, where did it even go? It seemed like it totally vanished. I can’t even find more than one Everything Else forum page right now. How could you be soiling the forum with it when it didn’t even exist?

That said, dude, way to be harsh on yourself. Care to give us a bit more of a post-mortem than just pure self-flagellation? What was the problem? Was the whole concept doomed? Why? Are any related concepts potentially viable if done by someone else in some other way? DETAILS, man, DETAILS. Or at least GOSSIP!

There’s nothing to post-mortem. Nobody played.

I can’t say for sure if any of the ideas involved are potentially viable elsewhere, but I think it’s safe to assume that if they are, they’ll need someone better than me to make them work.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. It was a late entry into a dying genre; nobody plays EE games anymore.

Yeah, it seems as though the vampire games got strategized to death, the Thing game was kind of a one-trick pony, and a few super baroque variations (Imperator, the aliens-and-stones game) sort of nailed the coffin shut. Ah well, everyone had good fun while it lasted.

The name doomed it to failure.

Plus, you had a grand total of 4 players, and no one could figure out what it was you were doing because I think the entire thing was figured out in private.

Yeah. What was the deal with it anyways? It was some kind of RPG thing, with some kind of audience feedback which gave people playing powers?

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!

It looked like one of my EVE corpmates fanfic posts, ie ridiculously long and a labour of love for the person writing it but difficult for anyone else to appreciate it.

It looked to me like a combination of a trading card game, an RPG, and a collaborative fan fiction writing seminar.

I thought we were talking about Mythic’s MMORPG for a minute here!

I’d been keeping an eye on that, and enjoyed the preliminaries.

Don’t count out EE games just yet, though. If and whenever I have time, I have one coming, a much-refined and simplified son of “Aliens and stones” that involves mummies, hidden treasure and the prisoners’ dilemma. (With a fixed time limit!)