In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

As expected, Lethal Weapon gets the axe.

Kids are Alright is the surprise cancellation. Others:

Also cancelled: the passage

C’mmmmmooonn Orville. Get renewed, dangit!

I NEED it

The wife and I have a really low bar for TV at the end of a long day of work and parenting. Speechless was pretty good in the first season, then the quality steadily declined. We actually stopped watching after a few episodes in this season and that never happens. I’m not at all surprised it got cancelled.

AH KNOW RITE

Angie Tribeca was also canceled, I only saw the first 2 seasons and thought it was alright but not great.

Also:

Anyone watch Life in Pieces? It seemed like a Modern Family copycat.

That’s a shame, it was really fun in an Airplane/Police Squad vein.

Also glad to see The Rookie was renewed for season 2 , I really enjoyed it this year.

With so many cancellations they should have just listed what is coming back.

LOL

Glad she is so happy to be working.

Must have had something better lined up but it stuck in the contract for Fresh off the Boat?

Basically her movie career seems like it’s about to take off, so that’s my assumption.

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed it too.

So sad that Speechless and The Kids Are Alright got canceled. I really think The Kids Are Alright especially was getting better with each episode.

Actors on Schooled and The Goldbergs just laked that their contracts have been renewed for those shows, so assume those series are renewed.

Wait – This Is Us could be in trouble? I thought that one was a ratings winner? The GF cries once a week when she watches that. Actually, at least twice a week cause there’s also Call the Midwife on now.

I enjoyed what I watched of it. The puns were groanalicious as were the sight gags. Didn’t realize it got four seasons. Is it on Netflix now?

Yeah, that was the vibe. I mostly watched a few episodes for Zoe Lister-Jones and Colin Hanks (and Dianne Wiest!) but the ensemble just wasn’t as strong as that of the other show.

I think This is Us is fine. We’ll know shortly, because NBC announces its fall schedule SUPER early – tomorrow, in fact.

Of the remaining shows of unknown fate on NBC, Grim Reaper is speculating that all are canceled EXCEPT This Is Us.

Possibly reason for delay:

https://twitter.com/misscar2015/status/1127259994594975744

So yeah, wow. This Is Us is a Fox TV Studios production. I don’t know if it is part of the Disney acquisition, but sounds likely.

So. You’ve got a show produced for Fox/Disney/ABC that airs on NBC and is probably in a huge tug o’ war with regards to HULU rights, etc.