In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

Didn’t realise there was another show in the likes.
I was talking about Forever with Ioan Gruffudd.

Now I got to hunt down that other show with the Lannister.

If this was posted here, I missed it - and this thread is where I normally find this stuff out. This one I found out a few days ago talking to my son on the phone, and it hit me hard, as I love this show and the characters. Huge bummer.

I enjoyed it as well and was surprised it got cancelled. That season (now series) finale was… abrupt. Like they were expecting a few more episodes to wrap up the season.

Gruffudd was fantastic in the Horatio Hornblower mini-movies/series on A&E back in the day as well:

Totally love the Hornblower series. So great.

Yeah, I’m still sad there were never any more chapters.

I enjoyed the first season, so I am glad it found a new home.

I didn’t realize Freevee produced material, I thought it was just replay,.

I don’t watch Bosch, but apparently the new season of Bosch is on Freevee as well. And only Freevee.

That’s the only one I knew about. But looking it up, looks like there’s several other shows:

Presumably Amazon is producing/funding it. Freevee is just where they’re choosing to distribute it.

Great to hear about American Rust. Really enjoyed a lot of that show.

NBC to the rescue again! After they picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine a few years ago for an extra season (which turned into 3, I think), the rumors came true and they picked up the Magnum PI reboot for 20 episodes over two seasons, with the option for more after that.

Real happy to see this. I really enjoy the show, and while not totally happy with the Magnum/Higgins pairing (I don’t think there are enough shows/movies that show men and women as just real good friends - although obviously it could end up that way), still interested to see what they do with that relationship, and also what happens with Katsumoto after the events of the finale. Will also be interested to see how they split the two seasons (2 10-episode seasons? 6-14?). I’m guessing it won’t be back on the air until the spring, regardless.

Yeah nice to see that!

Great news, though I’ll be really annoyed if they walk back on the finale and not let the relationship continue.

I don’t think they’ll walk it back. It may develop to the point the break up, but it won’t be ‘a dream’ or something they can ignore.

Yeah, I’m a fan of the new Magnum as well and was bummed it was getting dropped. It’s not must see TV, but it’s fun PI fluff in Hawai’i with a nice cast.

It’s not like Magnum PI doesnt have a history of that sort of thing!

Night Sky was a bit of a slog to get through so I’m not surprised. Simmons and Spacek were good, but the scenes where they were off camera really weren’t good.