In Which Florida Strives to Create an Even-Worse American Christian Caliphate

What are the worst, most regressive ass backwards states? Arkansas, Texas, Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky?

Florida, Oklahoma, Idaho, Tennessee, Wyoming on that list too.

Ay, oh, way to go, Ohio

WVa, SCarolina

That’s truly frightening

Iowa should be in that list.

Yep. From Washington Post article of just yesterday; (Gift Link) Iowa’s sharp right turn: From centrist state to ‘Florida of the North’

My niece moved there for a job. She loves the state but hates the politics there.

I can relate!

We’re racing to be the next Mississippi.

I-hate-it-here GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I believe this is why most of the laws refer to “sex assigned at birth”. It replaces the non-binary biological reality with an arbitrary binary state.

Let us not forget Indiana. Potato, potahto!

NC will join that list after 2024.

We’re quickly headed into two Americas, that won’t be able to coexist.

If Biden wins re-election, he needs his Little Rock moment.

I was under the impression that Iowa, Idaho were kind of centrist.

Iowa used to be “purple” but Idaho has always been one of the turbo-conservative states. It’s the state that rightwing militias crave!

Ya, Idaho has had huge issues with right wing crackpot militias with military compounds and stuff.

It’s like how I thought Oregon was some liberal stronghold because of Portland but they also is where the KKK was founded.

Oregon literally had a “whites only” clause in its original state constitution. Twenty-some years prior to statehood it passed a “black exclusion law” that stipulated any black found in the territory was to be arrested and beaten.

(try getting that into a high school textbook in Florida…)

Idaho was the preferred retirement state for a lot of the LAPD in the Daryl Gates era. It’s riddled with racists and neo-Nazis.

Central California and Northern California have had KKK groups. Very few states lean only one direction.