In which I may be done with MMOs

Everyone has an opinion. To me, MMOs have some of the best combat game play anywhere.
I’m not drawn to MMOs for the social aspects, or guilds, or even story. I enjoy the PVE combat and leveling up, gearing up, etc.

Some of my favorite times in gaming:

1. Quad-kiting as a Druid in EQ
  2. Group killing as a Frost Mage in WOW.
  3. Multi-boxing in WOW, EQ, and EQ2.
  4. Almost all of the zerg killing in Black Desert Online
  5. Mission running in EVE.

None of these are replicated in regular RPGs. Sure, the story and quests can be superior. I’m still a huge fan of all things RPG, but don’t discount MMOs.

There are a ton of people that push developers to make MMOs more solo friendly too. I get why some people say they should force the social aspects, but I’m one who disagrees. There’s nothing wrong with having solo game-play available in a social environment. I like to compare to what others are doing with their class or gear, or how they take on certain challenges. I also like casual conversation with people while playing a game. That doesn’t mean I want to spend my evenings in groups or dungeons with them.

My ideal MMO would be if someone made a game where I could control multiple characters (not multi-box) and fulfill several roles myself, while still having guild chat and other socials elements available (auction house, crafting, etc). There was one called Granado Espada a while back, but it had too many other issues.