In which we discuss and perhaps analyze dreams...

So I’ve had the pleasure of dreaming in the mornings lately, as I set the alarm, snooze, and have dreams in between the snoozes.

In the past few weeks I’ve started fishing again (in real life), and wouldn’t you know it, I had a fishing dream the other night.

In the dream I had a little tiny 10 lb starter rod/reel and was fishing in lake Erie, or some big great lake. I hooked something I thought was a walleye because it was fighting fierce. Then when it gets near the surface I see it’s enormous, like a pike or gar or something. I’m fishing off this dock/lakeside restaurant and my line is down 10 feet or more from where I’m standing. I know the line will snap if I try and pull this monster up. So I pull it to the surface and there is no way I can pull it out of the water. Some local comes out and as I hold it steady, he shoots it with a .22 rifle he brings out. Now dead, I haul it out of the water. We discover it’s a 5 foot long invasive eel species, similar to a moray but thicker and nastier looking, with these jagged teeth. We haul it out and mount it and the locals take a picture of me with it.

Not a lot of symbolism but I think it’s definitely related to me fishing again, and a big catfish that snapped my line the other day.

So who’s next? Let’s hear your crazy dreams.

What I think that dream meant:

Seeking fame
The one that got away, manifest

If you wanted to talk about your dick, there’s a whole thread for that.

I just know that if you dream that your teeth is loose and is about to fall off. That means that you need sex in real life.

A friend told me.

I thought your teeth falling out was interpreted to mean you are afraid of getting sick or being sick.

Yeah I’ve never had teeth falling out dream, but I feel certain I have been in need of the other at some point in my life.

If I told you what I dreamed about you would be afraid, very afraid.

Friend: “Last night I dreamt my teeth were falling out.” Friend winks.

I’m of the opinion that dreams don’t “mean” anything, and if they do then you can’t use an interpretation of person A’s dream on person B.

e.g. that there is no universal “teeth falling out” dream.

I’m sticking with the "not enough sex’ explaination, if for no other reason than the fact that I have never ever met anyone in my life who claims he or she has had enough sex.

Talk to someone who has a disease that causes fatigue. Your body is totally fine with the amount of sex you’re having. The only downside is you constantly fantasize about being healthy instead. Small price to pay!

Haha. I am not sure which is worse, being horny all the time but unable to perform? Or being horny all the time but you don’t get to perform!

Buy more bananas.

I am not comfortable with the idea of mixing spiders, erections, and well-known marketing claims.

Sure, Guap. I’ll share one to take the pressure off ya. Similar to yours, mine was just f-d up but trying to analyze it just gave me a headache.

So I had a dream that people relieving themselves peeing caused orgasm. Now if I stopped here you might say, Skipper, how are you and Trump getting along. It’s already WTF worthy.

But that wasn’t my dream, no. My dream was about the changes in life and society in the post pee orgasm world. Relationships weren’t a thing. Bathrooms were … different. People had kids less frequently because there was no pleasure from sex. There were laws governing how often and where you could pee. People didnt drink alcohol, they went to water bars and got loaded before going home.

It was the strangest dream I think I’ve had, ever, thus me remembering it.

A friend once complained to me that all his girlfriend wanted to do was have sex, but he wanted to play Xbox.

Anyway, I can’t remember dreams for over a decade now. I also have memory problems in general, so it’s not just dreams. It might be effects of anti-depressants/anti-psychotics, but my doctor doesn’t believe me. :meh:

Don’t you hate it when friends show off? =)

She dumped him when her baby daddy was released from prison, though.

Man that’s a strange one. I’m more curious not about the premise (I’m sure we could deep dive into that), but the fact you had a “macro” dream. That is, you dreamt about a broad social change instead of you specifically. I don’t think I’ve ever had a dream like that.

How did this various information come to you in the dream? Was it a news report you were watching? Did your point of view jump around to these different vignettes?

On a somewhat related note, I had a friend in high school claim that if you drank a bunch of water before bed, it made you have sexual dreams. The idea was your full bladder was pushing on something and/or that feeling of needing to go confused your brain while you were sleeping and made it have sex dreams.