Incoming! Threat level elevated!

I just stirred a whole mess of accounts into general population. As in, thousands. I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of chaff in there, so apologies in advance for whatever spambots and doofuses are inflicted on you. On the flip side, if you know of someone who was waiting for his or her account to be activated, well, it’s activated.

Please don’t hesitate to use the reported function if you see an obvious problem. You might also post the standard bold-face REPORTED in a post so that I don’t get inundated with notices for the same offenders.

Courage, ladies and gentlemen. Stand fast!

-Tom

wait, REPORTED isn’t a joke? It’s real?!

Wow, thousands of accounts? Even activating one account per second, that could take hours. I visualise Tom asleep at his desk with his finger taped to the mouse button…

For new members reading this, please don’t hesitate to ask Rimbo for guidance if you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by our community. Although he bares no official title, he welcomes all PM’s and will diligently serve you in your time of need.

As an aside, he’s in the market for certain male enhancements, so don’t bother spamming the open forums, he’s all the customer you’ll ever need.

Barbarians at the gates no longer. They are in the castle!

It’s mostly a joke when folks actually say REPORTED. But there’s a button to the left of every post that people can use to let me know if there’s a problem with a post.

-Tom

REPORTED!

Wait, I mean HOLD THE LINE!

Damn, now you’ll be flooded with tasteless posts like this.

Clearly Tom’s account has been hacked if another great unvetting is occuring.

REPORTED.

Oh boy… it begins.

This ties in so well with Napoleon: Total War (look, all I wanted was a better Empire and I certainly got that, be quiet you). Looking at those tiny heroes standing in line as shells crash around them and cavalry charge makes me want to yell “Hold… HOOOOOOOLLLD!”

Out of curiosity, Tom, and feel free to tell me it’s none of my business, but approximately how many legit people do you estimate register at Qt3 every month?

Whew, I thought for a minute all the hatred had boiled over and we lost ya Tom. I started seeing spam in every sub forum and thought the end was neigh. (is that how you spell neigh? nai? naiy? that’s weird)

nigh.

thanks dude

I didn’t even realise there was actually a long wait to get in here. I spent ages browsing here first, and saw all the references to waiting to be accepted, but I e-mail Tom and was in within a week. I guess I’m just that awesome.

I haven’t used VBB in more than, i don’t know…10 years?, but i’m pretty sure they must have added some bulk-editing options by now to deal with this stuff easily.

It would appear that one too many got let in through the flood gates.

I feel like this action should have been accompanied with the adding of a one time sound file playing the phrase “Release the Kraken!”

took every ounce of willpower I have to not click it and type a message asking if this is the right button to report things on your post. I resisted, barely.