Indiana Jones 5 and the Inevitable Hopelessness of it All

It was Brackett’s draft of ESB that Kasdan was assigned to rewrite as he handed in Raiders.

“They’re script writing right now,” says Shia ( LaBeouf ). “I got called into Steven’s office and he pitched a little bit to me and it sounds crazy, it sounds really cool.”

It won’t stop. :(

George. Stop.

Just… stop.

NOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!

Indy has to race to find the city of Kètassootómoonk, or the ‘Magic Kingdom’, in the swamps central Florida, where the Fountain of Youth is said to be hidden. The villain, Walt Disney, plans to use the fountain to resurrect the corpse of Adolf Hitler, with whom he will conquer California and convert LA into an experimental prototype community for tomorrow. There are twists and turns and eventually they do find the fountain, which renders Walt himself immortal, but his head is chopped off and Indy freezes it and hands it over to the government.

It’s pretty crazy.

Wasn’t there a fountain of youth concept floating around as one of the possible premises for Indy 4? That may be disturbingly accurate, minus the Walt stuff.

The next POTC is using the Fountain of Youth, so it’d be pretty lame if that was the best they could do for the next Indy film.

So that’s probably it, then.

I thought the Fountain of Youth is the premise for the next Pirates of the Caribbean?

That’s the one they’ll do then.

Ok I foresee a fist fight where Indy gets his dentures punched out of his mouth. Also if there are monkeys in Indy V , I am not going to see it.

Harrison Ford is 68 , even if they start filming next year he will be 70 by the time this hits theaters in 2012.

O.o

Our only hope is that Lucas dies before the script is approved.

Harrison Ford will be in the next Indie movie? I thought the whole point of the ending of part 4 was that he handed off the mantle to his son, who is also named Indiana Jones?

Who would go see an Indiana Jones movie without Harrison Ford in it?

His sons nickname in the movie was “Mutt” , and I doubt anyone is gonna want to see the adventures of Mutt Jones…

If Shia LaBeouf ever wears the hat I’ll cry.

Nope, he took the hat back at the end.

My bet is that Lucas wants to use the technology used for performance capture in Avatar to combine Harrison Ford’s acting performance with a stunt double’s physical performance, and do sequels about younger Indy in the WWII era.

I rather see the continuation of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles than more old Indy at this point.

Have you watched Young Indy recently? Pretty easy to see a lot of the flaws of the prequels in prenatal form there.

Matt, I never thought about it but damn, you are right. Right down to it being a show more about talking than actually doing.

Not anymore she doesn’t. George paid a ton of money for them to take the building out and put another building without her name on it in.

Seriously? That’s incredibly vindictive and petty.

Does anyone else worry that some crazy (literally) fan will off Lucas “before he can ruin anything else”? I’m obviously not condoning such a plan. What Lucas does with Star Wars and Indie doesn’t matter much to me either way. One of the posts above just made me think of this possibility.

So that would make it a Special Edition USC building, right?