Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - Bethesda and MachineGames

All right, so Tony Todd confirmed, plus Troy Baker will be channeling Indiana Jones for us in this game.

Looks gorgeous and a well done Indy game is pretty much a guaranteed buy from me. Just need it to be well done :) Trailer even had a Wilhelm Scream, so that’s a positive sign.

Oh hell yes.

Well, they absolutely nailed the “guy killing Nazi’s” feel in Wolfenstein, and the first person action combat, as well as the stealth was pretty great in that too.

Excited to play this when it comes out.

Indy’s likeness is spot-on in what they showed. Voice sounds like Harrison Ford with a stuffy nose, but seems closer than I’d expect from a different voice actor. The rest of the facial animations were a little stiff but everything they showed nailed the sense of it being an Indiana Jones game, and that’s awesome.

Voice work was pretty good, better than I expected really for Indy.

First person shooter and Bethesda are both pretty big drawbacks for me though, so not sure about this one. I liked the Crystal Dynamics new Tomb Raider well enough, but that was third person. Will see how this compares.

I very much want this to be good, just not sure if it’s going to be for me.

We’ve come full circle. A huge part of that trailer was so reminiscent of the first Uncharted game. From Indy to Lara to Nathan and back to Indy.

Yes, this makes me so happy. Finally, it’s back to the original.

The name also makes me very happy. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle. Like it’s a part of that series of books that we’ve been reading. I wonder if the likeness of Ford for the character is licensed in perpetuity or just this one game?

The uncanny valley is strong with this one…

…I’m intrigued by the premise though. Voice acting is very good.

Not sure how I feel about it as a game though. Looked stiff in general, not just in the facial animation. It looks like a videogame, and well, there are a number of games that don’t look so much like games anymore. The bar keeps going up…

Trying to figure out how a circle drawn like that can pass through St. Peter’s in Rome and Giza and what looks like South America (although I think there’s a jungle shot with a Buddha statue so maybe it’s all Southeast Asia or Indonesia or something).

Anyway, looks pretty good! The airplane jump is a great Indy-ish moment.

Anyone remember Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine?

Heck yeah I do. Still spin it up on occasion, it’s backward compatible on Xbox.

I played this with my then 1.5 year old son bouncing on my knee. I’m pretty sure this is when he truly fell in love with videogames. I am a huge fan of the game.

Tom didn’t like it…
Tom Chick of Computer Games Strategy Plus gave it two stars out of five, calling it “A tedious, frustrating, flat-chested, wisecracking Tomb Raider who’s nothing like the Indiana Jones that you know and love.”[87]

The one true Indy video game:

Wait, what? Oh, he was making a Tomb Raider comparison. Ha.

AMEN. A rogue-like with a procedural story in, what, 1995?

It looks like a fun adventure game and I will happily play it on day one. Graphics were fine, not amazing. The gameplay looked promising and the dialog was good enough that I wasn’t sure if it was really Harrison or not.

I’m hoping they tacked on Todd Howard’s name to give the game some credibility, and they did that before he tanked his rep with Starfield.

I’m excited for this and I’m gonna give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. No signs of any battle passes, cosmetic dlc, or live service bullshit. As games should be.

I’d be okay with an Indy skinned Uncharted. The whip pulls seem like they could get a little gamey, but it seems they have a variety of ways and places to traverse.

Is it me or did the facial stuff look 360 era?

They clearly aren’t going for photorealism. I think they’re aping the poster art style of Drew Struzan.