Indie 3D Souls-like games

Ok, so far I’ve been creating individual threads for all these games, but we’ve had quite a lot of releases lately of Indie Souls-like games, so I figured it would be useful to have one thread to discuss them in. Why do I specify 3D? Well, because the games people call “Souls-like” that are 2D play very differently, in my opinion, than Souls-like, so if you want a thread for those, sure, we can create a thread for those too, but they’re their own separate thing, so let’s stick to 3D ones here, okay? :)

Ashen came out in 2019, and has its own thread:

Here’s the steam page for that:

More recently, we’ve had a few notable releases. Just like Ashen these games have pretty good but not fabulous critical reception.

Team17 published one recently called Thymesia:

This also has a free weekend going on for Xbox, so I downloaded it yesterday. Hopefully I’ll get to spend some time with it and report back in this thread.

There’s one that came out last week that also got similar good (but not fabulous) reception called The Last Hero of Nostalgaia. It has a demo on Steam that I keep meaning to try.

And another one that came out recently is Steel Rising, where you play as an automaton, set in an alternate timeline French Revolution. Again, good reception.

And all these games are on all the modern platforms, not just steam, I’m just doing the steam links because it’s an easy way to view the trailer, get a good idea of player reaction, etc.

If there’s any other Indie Souls-like games, let us know.

Anyone here played these recent ones yet?

New one incoming. Enotria: The Last Song

From Ex-Witcher 3 developers, apparently.

3rd Zeno Clash game.

This one seems interesting, but much worse at the same time.

To add one to the collection. And I have read good things about it: 20 hours of solid souls-like-entertainment.