Infinity Blade swipes right out of existence

Title Infinity Blade swipes right out of existence
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When December 11, 2018

Epic Games has pulled the Infinity Blade trilogy of mobile games from the Apple App Store. All three games are no longer available to new users..

Read the full article

To pull them out? That’s the message?

Yeah, I tend to agree that “look how we do our former games wrong” probably isn’t the right message. Though the actual developers are a fully owned subsidiary of Epic, that still seems like a weird move that doesn’t set a great precedent for partners.

Considering that their stated goal is putting resources towards other things, I’m also not sure how much effort you actually need to contribute to … leaving a game on the Apple Store? I guess you still need a guy doing support emails and such?

Sounds like one of those cases where a suit wants to focus on ultra profitable things instead of the merely profitable.

While technically correct for the bottom line, there are subtle downsides to these kinds of things from a customer or developer relationship perspective. Oh well.

The P&R threads are the best threads on Qt3. Let’s get rid of Games so we can refocus our efforts there instead. :ka-ching:

“What does that mean? … to play us out?!?”

Apple seems to go out of their way to break things with iOS updates, so I’m sure it’s a little more involved than that.

I completely forgot that I have Infinity Blade 2 on my phone.