Invincible (the TV show of the comic)

I really don’t get the decision behind the Atom Eve symbol redesign, I didn’t even read the comic but googling it it makes no sense. Here’s the logo as it is in the comics

And on the show they went with only 2 ovals, made the spacing thinner so 90% of the time it just looks like an X through the female symbol.

Wow, that makes so much more sense. I thought the character was meant to be nonbinary at first and then, when that didn’t seem to be the case, started worrying that she would become a critique on feminism or something.

Such a Brita thing to do

I think that’s just the low quality of the animation on the show. They do pretty well with the dynamic action of the big fights, but scene to scene it mostly feels sub-par.

I think that would explain it looking like lines and not ovals, but why lose the middle one?

Again, I think it’s just cheap animation. There was at least a shot or two in this episode where it was still ovals. They just don’t include that detail consistently.

You’re not comprehending, yes sometimes you can tell it’s ovals, and the low quality explains why it appears as an X more often than not, but the symbol in the comics has 3 ovals, and the one in the show has 2.

And speaking of Eve, her decision to head off to Africa made a little more sense if I remember in the comics. Her reasoning is that her powers can do so much more than just turn into shields and energy beams for punching villains, she should be using them in more proactive ways to help people. So she heads to Africa to try to help more communities and stuff. I think it got a little more fleshing out than a quick montage of saving some hikers and two…vineyard owners?

That theme comes up a lot in the comics, is just punching super villains the best use of any of these heroes’ abilities? They explore it a little inconsistently, sometimes it’s more effective than others, but I appreciate that they explore it some.

Sorry, I don’t know, I’m just saying I’m not surprised. Ovals to lines, drop one oval entirely, I don’t think those are separate and intentional decisions. I think they’re both just symptoms of cheap animation.

If this series lasts long enough to tell the whole series, it might be worth it for some weak animation. At this point it seems pretty clear to me how season one ends, and it’s going to need to be like a six-season run at least to cover all that’s in the comics. I’m skeptical Amazon will stick with it.

I think the complaint is that she could be doing much more radically helpful things. And, I mean, yeah probably, but also that’s something that would need to be the focus of the entire story because it would change so much about the world.

Uh, so the X on her logo isn’t supposed to be a X but the ‘atom’ part of her name, good to know… because in the series, it always has been an X!

I saw the X and heard her name as “Adam Eve” for the first 3 episodes, so I was super confused about her character.

I was in the same boat too. Her powers wasn’t explained really well or shown really well in the beginning. I thought she was the Green Lantern stand in.

Lol, same. Sounds like they really shorted her arc and character from the source.

Not a huge fan of the body horror in this episode. Tbf I absolutely hate body horror.

Yes, exactly the same for me. “Adam Eve” made me think she was going to be trans or nb, then I was confused by the crossed-out female symbol on her chest that nobody talked about.

Anyway, I’m enjoying this show so far, although I was spoiled by watching Angry Joe’s review on Youtube which basically forewarned me of the twist at the end of ep1, and the overarching purpose of Omni-Man’s mission.

The whole thing reminds me of Invader Zim for some reason…

Also the forthcoming Netflix live action superhero thing “Jupiter’s Legacy” is covering some of the same ground (older generation superheroes have children who don’t share their values).

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw her symbol.

Started watching this.

Is really good, like… all western cartoons should be like this, well made, with a interesting story, and some gore.

Yowza. Just finished Episode 7. That was quite an episode with a lot of action and story progress. Going to be a long week waiting for Episode 8 to drop, which IIRC is the last Episode.

I was particularly paying attention this week in Ep7 after your post @forgeforsaken and I did notice in a few places where the symbol was shown as ovals not lines. It’s very rare though, probably not even 5% of the time she’s shown.

This week’s episode was awesome