iPad Games Thread

Anyone else playing Sam & Max on the iPad? I think I’m stuck. Just got back onto the ship after the credits, need to revive the brain, did future vision on Sam, nothing I have will work on anything. (that should be spoiler-free enough). PM me if you have the answer…I don’t want to post solutions and ruin it for everyone else.

Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe is now available as an IPad app. Free.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/openttd-for-ipad/id366947124?mt=8

Awesome !! thanks for the heads up!

Anyone seen anything good in the city builder / trade sim genre other than We Rule?

Dawn of Discovery is eating my PC gaming time, and it’d be awesome to have something vaguely similar on the iPad – seems like kind of a natural fit.

Small World is out. If more Eurogames like that one show up on the iPad, I may end up with one much one sooner than I was planning.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/smallworld/en/ipad

I gave Dungeon Hunters a shot last night and so far it’s fantastic. It’s a full on Diablo/Torchlight clone. Very enjoyable.

No kidding. The iPad could be a dangerous platform for me.

Small World has been out since day one. It just got a recent update, though.

Still no AI, but they’ve fixed a number of other little annoyances. It’s a pretty good implementation and games definitely go a LOT faster than playing on the board. If they increase the max players above 2, they’ll have a real winner. I think it’s worth buying, anyway.

Holy cats, I can’t believe I used to play We Rule on the iPhone screen!

Dear A Sharp:

Please make a multi-player King of Dragon Pass game on iPad.

THANKS.

-peterb

Unfortunately, the game doesn’t level well.

Godfinger is a great game with similar issues. But for some reason I’m still playing it. (I’m drvital on plus if you want to friend me.)

I got Battle for Wesnoth HD last night. At 99 cents, its a steal.

I wanted to get Civ Revolution but all of the recent comments seem to indicate big technical issues with the current version. I do read those iTunes comments with a grain of salt but the vast quantity of people complaining about the game really threw me off. Anyone have it and/or can comment?

Couple of free games:

Auditorium - fun music game. (iPhone game but the scaling is fine for this).
NetHack HD - supposedly an implementation of NetHack. I have downloaded it but have not run it but hey, it’s free!

Anyone try Underworlds Ultimate Edition or Sword of Fargoal Legends? The first looks quite nice in the iTunes store, and I read the second is another NetHack implementation. Both look interesting but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

I’ve turned my new iPad into a chess terminal but does anyone have any input on the best crossword and sudoku games?

Been having a blast with Fargoal Legends, Charl.

GodFinger seems pretty cool. Anyone else playing it that’s not already my plus+ friend from We Rule?

Has anyone played CastleCraft?

Also give Dungeon Hunter a shot. The controls on the iphone version were pretty awful for me, but the controls in the ipad version (being able to basically touch to move–get rid of that damned joystick!) are wonderful.

Thanks for this, olaf. Great game, and it really overcomes all the shortcomings of the iPhone version. You can see a huge portion of the maps now, and click to move works with the bigger screen of the iPad the way it’s supposed to.

You come away from playing games like Civ Rev and Wesnoth thinking that the Ipad truly could be the platform for strategy games and wargames going forward–it really comes into its own with those games.

I am waiting for the price to drop on CivRev, but Wesnoth for 99 cents was a great buy.

I hope Vic Davis is hard at work on iPad versions of his games.