iPhone wireless earbuds?

The Anker/Zolo Liberty+ are reviewed favourably but with the caveat of a big charging case and not great sound quality. Bluetooth 5 means a more stable connection though. I’ve had dropout with my BeatsX.

I haven’t had a single dropout on the BeatsX ever. Are you running with an iPhone? Supposed to work better with iOS and the apple bluetooth chip.

Yes, using it with an iPhone. I may have an unusually high number of 2.4 GHz wireless gadgets in my place though.

Yeah someone nuking a burrito can do that, if it’s close.

My problem with the Apple AirPods is they just don’t fit my ears at all.

I wish Apple would release a version of Airpods that would let you use the Comply foam tips. That would be perfect.

I use Comply foam tips with my BeatsX as well as a bunch of no-name silicone ones.

I like mine I got as a gift, they are pretty much flawless in terms of user experience. However they are actively uncomfortable if I wear them longer than 10 minutes. Actual, real, pain. So I rarely use them, which is a shame because I would kill for an equivalent from etymotics.

I think I’m going to try out the Jabra Elite 65t truly wireless earbuds. Apple’s Airpods just don’t work in my weird ears. These have gotten really good reviews, and I really want totally wireless for a variety of reasons.

I’ll be selling my pretty new Beatsx if anyone is interested. They’ve been great, I just want totally wireless.

Checking back in: the Jabra Elite 65t truly wireless earbuds are what I was looking for. They come with three sets of ear tips and fit well in my ear, and I love the lack of wires. They automatically connect with my iPhone in the way the Beatsx did, battery life is good, and they are surprisingly comfortable. I’m good enough with them I’m going to sell my BeatsX set.

The only downside, the Comply foam replacement eartips that work best with them don’t fit in the small charging box (and the Wireless Comply tips get pretty bad reviews.)

How does their sound quality compare to something like the airpod? Is there any way to find your buds if you eh…misplace them (which I’m super-prone to do.)

That’s subjective of course, but I prefer the sound to the airpod, but I think part of that is because they have a better seal (in my ears, anyway) to the airpods.

They don’t currently have a button to push in the phone app to make them make a noise to find a lost earbud but people have asked, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have one at some point. But not now. As soon as I take them out of my ears I put them in the little charging case (which is small.)

Bumping this a bit - @JeffL, how do yo feel about the Jabra now?

I’m thinking about a replacement pair for my recently misplaced airpods and I’m tempted by the Jabra sets since the Airpods fell out all the time for me.

I still love them. They seem to run forever between charges, charge quickly, they fit well and I do everything from yard work to working out in the gym with them and they’ve never fallen out. Sound is good, features are nice. If these broke or if I lost them, I’d but them again. They are good enough (for me) that I’ve stopped looking at wireless ear buds. :)

Awesome - just put in an order for the Active 65t variant. :)

you have chosen the perfect one, i am also using jabra elite, and i would say they are fantastic, i read the following guides before buying them, and they still have the jabra elite 65t as the most recommended earbuds pair.

1. https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wireless-earbuds/
  2. https://pollowers.com/best-wireless-earbuds/

Thanks for the follow ups, I might just get the jabra ones as well since you seem to have a positive review on this :)