Iran deserves its own thread

That regime needs to go, nobody messes with Puyol dammit!

Eventually the Iranians will ditch the most extreme elements and get back to doing what Iranians have historically always done–make money and build stuff. The Revolution sort of short-circuited thousands of years of history but it’s temporary. At least, as noted above, unless someone forces them to unite behind radical idiots.

I’m bumping this thread over the war one, because that felt more situational.
Also I’m fairly sure Biden isn’t going to war with them almost no matter what they do.

I’m all for a relatively restrained and considered approach to Iran in the macro sense, but fuck this shit. Somewhere in the shadows someone needs to learn a lesson that you don’t fuck with people in the USA, that your secret police flunkies will end up in the East River if they try stuff like this. I mean, at least with the old USSR there were (usually) rules to the game.

Catch them, try them, jail them. Repeat as necessary.

At least now we can begin to understand how the citizens of e.g. Italy felt about our own kidnapping of people from within their country, with the total impunity of a superpower. If we don’t want countries to do this shit, maybe we ought to set a better example?

Yeah, you are certainly correct there. We justifiably don’t like stuff like this, and we shouldn’t be doing it ourselves

What if you get the Russian vaccine and it’s a scandal not because it’s not good enough, but because it’s too good.

The incident has led to days of protests.

I dream of the day Iran’s people finally overthrow their oppressors.

Sadly the Russians and Chinese don’t want that to happen and the US can’t get involved because we fucked the dog on that one. Now would probably be a good time for it with Russia shitting itself non-stop, but revolutions rarely happen at the best times.

Tweeter is France24 (French state-owned News Broadcaster) Iranian Reporter

Wow.

You fucking go, people of Iran.

I really hope sometime in my lifetime they’re able to take down the theocrats.

Let’s just hope it goes better than the Arab Spring. Taking down oppressors is good. Replacing them with something better that’s lasting is harder.

Well, they did it once already.

Rather appreciate Disturbed’s cover, here
https://twitter.com/JasonMBrodsky/status/1572329586251145218