Iratus - Like Darkest Dungeon but different

There’s a post on the steam forums from a few days ago where a dev said that the publisher plans to raise the price a bit but that’s all he said. He didn’t give a time frame. There could be a release discount to offset any price increase or they could wait until after the release period to raise it. Anybody’s guess at this point.

$16.49 on GMG for the next 7 hours. Edit: $15.93 once I logged in.

That’s a great price.

And first time I have seen this: I bought from my Mac, and the game says it it Windows only. But after I added it to Steam, it downloaded and runs on a Mac. At 5K resolutions even.

Thanks for enabling me!

Woooooo!

Me too! Snagged it with a few hours to spare!

Same here! Thanks!

I had this exact response to Darkest Dungeon. I really really wanted to like it, so if this is similar but hooks you, it’s certainly back on my radar. I looked at Iratus a few times, and backed off due to DD phobia.

Welp , guess I’ll get this today. Thats almost like Tom calling the game F-U-N.

As an owner since Day 1 of EA, I won’t hesitate to say it’s a great game, made better after incorporating the January 2020 redesigned mechanics:

Buy it yesterday, and thank me today. :-)

The supporter pack is just cosmetics ? Asking for a friend.

The only non-cosmetic content I’m aware of, at the moment, is The Infested, an exclusive minion (in this game, minions fight for you). Otherwise, it includes minion skins, OST, and yet-to-be-released art book and strategy guide.

The skins are very well done, and are useful when you have two or more identical minions in your formation. During Halloween last year, they ran an event for everyone in which you could unlock Halloween themed skins. I’m sure that will return this year.

Who is doing the voice over work? He sounds fantastic.

EDIT , found him:

I played the hell out of Darkest Dungeon on the Switch at one point, a truly frightening number of hours, then just quit cold turkey. I wasn’t even going to try this because it looked so much like Darkest Dungeon (which I liked a lot, just burned out on it), but Tom’s comment convinced me to try it.

The tactical combat seems superficially similar, but there is a very interesting strategic layer in this one. Creating/ equipping minions, leveling up and improving them, etc. That sort of thing isn’t really present in DD.

Liking it so far.

Version 1.0 175.15 is live. Also some new art:

Also $5 price bump after April 30th, from $24.99 to $29.99.

Launch discount on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/game/iratus_lord_of_the_dead

The exact same price it is on Steam, $16.49.

I started a new game tonight with the release version and wow, they sure have improved a lot of things from when I played it last summer. It’s better in every way. Very hard to put it down and go to bed.

I like this so much more than Darkest Dungeon. It’s actually different from that game in a lot of very good ways. I don’t think the folks that pick this up on sale will be disappointed.

I think I like the combat in DD better, but haven’t played enough to say for certain. Also, there are things in this game I don’t understand yet, whereas DD seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Ha, so it is! Steam didn’t have the discount when I checked. :-P