Israel bans Arab political parties

Parity today, but given the massive difference in birth rates, the parity would shift in a generation or two. That is what Israel views as one of its biggest threats and will never allow. The order is Land < Jerusalem < Right of Return.

Sure, two states, one for Palestinians, the other for both.

Sorry, but I support a small chunk of land to remain a safehouse for Jews.

Yeah right, come and see.
If you want you can count me as racist towards the Islamic movement of Israel

To keep it fair, I hate people with similar opinion without relation to ethnicity or religion, for example some of the people with my ethnicity and religion, which offer the same idea after substituting a few keywords.

(Hate = not as like I would do something violent against them, but if they all take a plane and leave the country I’ll be a happier man)

Don’t worry about being branded and not allowed to participate in governmental politics … the courts will take care of it.

These parties and their likes are the main reason Jewish communities drag behind the general population in Germany, they encourage crying, laziness and a 3rd world family centered fundamentalist culture.

Nice, based on a false history but o.k.

I remember all those Jewish extremist parties, supporting the terror against ze germans…
It all comes back to me now.

Also as I said, these parties are not even the majority in the Arab community. I object their ideas, not the population itself. (The rest of the Arab votes are given to the big central parties as Avoda and Kadima usually).
Raam-Taal are kinda like an Israeli Hamas, I’m sure you would be a huge support of such a party in your country.

Actually there is … not a direct party but the evangelicals, who are fundamentalists, controlled our executive branch for 8 years, doing such things as not allowing federal websites to mention global warming, pushing for teaching the Bible in schools, and using churches as political organizations supported by the government. So yeah, I know extremism, and you can’t be apologetic to it.

We also have domestic terrorists that commit acts of violence (especially bombings) against us all the time, with a nod nod wink wink from these fundamentalists.

Certainly it’s not even close to the same thing Israel faces in that region, but the point of that picture and twisting those words was to point out that you would have thought Israel would have learned am important lesson on how to treat minorities living within its borders.

I would happily like that too, the problem is when you actually face the moral dilemmas in your real life.
Israel will never be able to use the same standards Norway has, because Israel is constantly at war for the time being with different factions.
Same way that you do much more horrible things when you’re at war than at peace.

In the meanwhile, I don’t support this ban, definitely not by populist congress man who do it for not pure reasons.
But the parties mentioned are not something to be thankful for.

I don’t know why would you want to bite when even the original poster (JasonMcCullough) wouldn’t but if you insist - be my guest.

Workers’ Party of Korea is an obvious example. In a lot of areas it is a carbon copy of Stalin’s Communist Party(which is in fact its role model), only even more brutal and insane. It is a ruling party in North Korea.

If you want more examples - several african parties would make Stalin’s Communist Party look humane. Try RUF of Sierra Leone for example. At least in Soviet Union small boys and girls were not routinely raped and made drug addicts in order to recruit them into Red Army. And SU’s police was not routinely cutting off limbs of potential political dissidents and civillain population. (Granted GULAGs were hell, but at least there was a chance to come back alive on your own legs, as many people did). And before you ask - yes, RUF is a political party, they have participated in several elections and in fact they are currently a part of the ruling party in Sierra Leone (All People Congress).

I could go on but I think that should be enough.

Really, those parties have each done something comparable to executing north of 10 million?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4465851/1/Star_Wars_The_Adventures_of_Chabook_the_Wookiee

It is time for everyone to relax with wookie fan faction.

When is Grimoire coming out, Shiroko? Shiroko, when are you going to release Grimoire?

Ugh, I don’t even know why I’m commenting, but this derail is driving me crazy.

I believe David Eriksen’s point (before everyone completely freaked out about the pseudo-Godwinism) was that you can’t judge a political party based purely on its charter. By that measure, the Communist party under Stalin would be considered extremely liberal. And it’s a valid point.

Also, the People’s Democratic Republic of the Congo is neither a democracy nor a republic. Discuss.

Percentage-wise to their countries smaller population they have archieved very comparable results, don’t worry.

And as I’ve pointed out, they have done various atrocities so horrible and barbaric, that even Stalin’s police wouldn’t think about. Feel free to google for more morbid details.

Exactly. Thank you Cesare.

Yeah, but you are missing the point. Shiroko said the party stood fill killing Jews, then he watered that down a bit and said it was for overwhelming Jews demographically, but the truth is that it stands for a two party state, but also supports the right of return for refugees. If it’s aim was to overwhelm Jews with Arabs, it would support a single state and the right of return, as this would give Arabs an actual large majority now, rather than marginal one in a generation.

Um… it’s not really a valid point. The mandate a party runs on in a real democracy is what the people elect them on (it’s a bit different from Stalin’s constitution as nobody voted for him). The individual members of the party might differ in views to some degree, but that’s what the party stands for.

His point was that because Stalin wrote some lies, therefore it isn’t necessarily true that a democratically elected party stands for the mandate it was elected on, which is basically bullshit. Reason being: you can argue that for every party on the planet. We’d never be able to agree to any party’s mandate, because we could just say “the Republicans aren’t running on a low tax ticket… sure they say they are, but… but… Stalin!!!”

Unless there is strong evidence to the contrary, a party’s mandate is what the party stands for.

I believe his point was so obscured by idiocy and arrogance that most people missed it. I still fail to see how you followed the breadcrumbs.

FYI, the state constitution of the Soviet Union (written by its ruling Communist Party) that was accepted in the middle of the Stalin’s rule was one of the most liberal and progressive constitution in the world in its time. Nevermind the fact that the regime itself was a horrible tyranny that killed 30 millions of its own people…

That comparing people and parties to Stalin is silly?

Silly is replying without reading the original post carefully. I was referring to another political party, whose name I specifically mentioned in my post.

McCullough didn’t reach the exalted heights of 20,000 posts by applying a laser-like focus. Just because he didn’t reply, doesn’t mean you’re not a moron. Or, in the vernacular, a moran.

Yet haven’t you often dismissed objections over direct talks with Hamas due to the violent and warlike rhetoric in Hamas’ party platform as something we should just ignore because they don’t really mean it?

Too bad for you. But don’t worry, what you lack in intellectual capacity you can always subsidize with name calling, as you just did. Better than nothing, right? >;)