Israel bans Arab political parties

Fortunately nobody has implied that I am anti-semitic simply becasue I’m not.

I just strongly disagree with the actions of the Israeli government and those who support the wholesale slaughter and degradation of the Palestinian people.

I feel the same way about Shiroko as I do anout white South Africans who complain about blacks moving into and ruining their neighbourhoods because they think they are unclean and lesser people. It’s basically a sense of revulsion.

You don’t how to read.
Or if you want clarification please ask.

My complaints are not with Arabs nor with Muslims nor with Palestinians.
My complaints are for people of islamistic nature, those are people that are not only muslim, but feel the urge to force others to live by their standards. Let is be known enough Jews fro m that type exist, and I hate them just as much so I can’t really be racist.

So a member of the Ku-Klux-Klan who hates lilly-livered white liberals as much as the damn negros is therefore not a racist?

I don’t like the name calling, even if some of your statements would be considered provocative if made in a different context, but that statement makes no sense.

No, because your analogy falls at hating all “damn negros”.
If you would say you hate all white liberal’s just like you hate all the black liberals it would be a better analogy.

I can take away the word hate if you want and replace it in something less problematic, but I think declaring “hate” for people who try to force me to live under their standards is reasonable, maybe it gets somewhat lost in translation, donnu…

The logic is that hating whites who support black ideological positions doesn’t by itself make you not a racist.

No, you’re missing something.
I oppose people how want me to live under Islamic rule.
And I oppose people who want me to live under Jewish orthodox rule.
In my case, these two groups also really hate each-other.
And I’d label them together with other people who want to force me to live under their standards.

There’s a huge difference from being a racist, or you can have me an “anti-extremist extremist” if you wish (Yes, I can see the irony).

I’m not calling you a racist, I was just pointing out your logic was flawed.

You can’t point my logic is flawed by analogies.
Common Tim… I expect better from you… :)
Anyway they’re don’t fit in this case as I pointed out.

Your words, not mine.

You left out “These parties and their likes are the main reason …”

As I said, the islamistic part of the Arab communities are the main reason for a lot of the problems with Arab cities in Israel.
For example, the muslim movement in Rahat, which candidate became mayor promised their voters that by voting out the Kadima candidate they will be able to resume illegal building and land-takeover which was popular their a decade ago.
Also a lot of the Arab villages are bankrupt due to not-collecting taxes, and due to a problematic family-centered society. There’s a problematic situation in which the mayor of a local authority is effectively forced to hire people from his family and get rid from the last workers. This is a problem of mostly the smaller villages as a larger city can evade this problem obviously.

I put a lot of blame for these problems not only on the Israeli government which should have handled them more seriously but on the rhetoric of people such as Azmi Bishara, Ahmed Tibi and the rest who push toward closed communities, support “tricking” the government, force religious schools and during all this time not once have actually tried to gain something for their people.
These parties have simply gained so little in the time they existed which I think should have blocked them from getting voted, but its their public’s problem to solve.

There was still the assumption that Arabs lagged behind Jews because of the issues you have mentioned. (Although your explanation has helped me understand wshere you are coming from and I apologise for calling you a racist…)

In my experience nepotism and corruption isn’t an Islamic trait, and the sterotypes you are using are distasteful. Laziness isn’t ingrained in Islamic culture, just the way greed isn’t ingrained in Jewish culture. If I suggested that Jews were all greedy and corrupt and cited all the senior Jewish politicians who have been involved in corruption scandals I would expect to be labeled an anti-semitic racist. What you are doing is no different.

I agree with you. you will note I tend to use the word Islamistic and not Muslim in most cases. Which is a nickname for people not only being Muslim, but also eager to use any means possible to force Islam on others.
I don’t see Islam as a problem at all, I do see the wave of radical-Islam represented by these people as dangerous problem.
Those thoughts will be based on the same ideas for any religion what-so-ever. God knows we have enough crazy Jews and Christians as well… (Don’t know about the rest…)

Ok, now let’s go back full circle.

I fully agree with you - religious extremism is the root of a lot of issues.

Unfortunately Israels current actions in Gaza (And their historic treatment of Palestinians.) means that the area is going to become more and more of a breeding ground for extremism. You don’t combat extremism by going into an area and killing thousands of civilians. This is why a lot of people (Myself included) are saying that this action will not aid in the long term defence of Israel.

Yes, but we have a separate thread for that. :)

In a unanimous decision, the ban is … overturned.

Just shows Democracy alive and well and living in Israel.

Actually, not banning them in the first place would show that. What this shows is that democracy is at threat in Israel, but thankfully there are enough sane people to prevent that slide at the moment.

Coming from a country that has had its officials do much worse and still proud and confident in its democracy, I don’t see it at threat, but being tested and passing.

Such as?

Kalle, do not feed the troll. While the fact that an unelected judiciary had to unfuck the actions of elected officials is no sane person’s idea of a triumph of democracy, your question is still stupid.

There’s currently a proposition in the pipeline that will limit the option to disqualify a party to the chairman of the elections committee instead of the entire committee. (The chairman is a supreme court judge, while the rest of the members are members of the Knesset parliament)