It’s the 20:20 Movie Frame Game of 2021!

40 (spoilered for content)

Nothin, huh? Well, here’s a 60.

Irreversible

You’re the one!

It is Irreversible, Gaspar Noe’s minor masterpiece. (spoilered for sorta nude Vincent Cassel…but it’s pretty good!)

Your go, @crispywebb.

Is it legal to pre-guess? If so, I’m going to guess that @crispywebb’s 20:20 is from Zola, which is one of the most wonderfully @crispywebb movies I’ve seen in a long time, because as I was watching it, I kept thinking, “Goddamn, Chris Webb is going to love this movie!” So that’s my guess. Did I win? Was it Zola and did I set a record for the quickest 20:20 victory of all time? Can I post my Nine Days frames now?

-Tom

I will sheepishly admit that I didn’t necessarily recognize Bellucci in this shot, but her braless bosom in that top did ring a bell. I’ve only seen Irreversible once, and I didn’t particularly care for it, but I did really like the part where her and the two dudes are traveling to a party (presumably the one depicted). I remember enjoying their conversation, and wishing the rest of the movie was as good.

Speaking of Belluci: has she ever been in a movie with Stanley Tucci? A Touch of the Tuch, and a Bit of the Belluch? Gold!

It’s been on my list since Riley was cast, but I actually haven’t seen it yet. I haven’t been back to the theater yet, and that has thrown everything out of whack. Spencer did just became available to rent for a normal price though, so I recently watched and loved KStew in Pablo Larraín’s follow-up to a super-me movie, Jackie. That one is like a companion piece to The Tree of Life. Spencer isn’t quite on that level, but still really good.

My wifi seems a bit lackluster today (12/31), so instead of capturing a pixelated shot I will try again tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot the whole reason I started this response, which was to post these vids which probably play into Tom’s pre-guess:

E-40 reppin the 707

4 posts were split to a new topic: “In what movie will you see this frame at the 20:20 mark?” 2022 Edition

Shouldn’t we have a new thread for 2022?

I hate this. Why? What does that even add to the experience to this? And then when it DID get split off, it was under a less straightforward headline, and the first post doesn’t even mention the rules or give a link to the Google Doc that has all the movies done so far… meaning anyone who wants to play will have to consult the other thread anyway.

There is a limit to pics posted in a thread (aka attachments and size,) and thread length. Summarizing every year tends to help avoid what happens in the gif thread or the extremely long and chatty P&R stuff.

I’m sure someone will add the rules and link to the doc of prior stuff.

Okay, I appreciate that answer. I apologize. What exactly happens when you hit that limit?

I believe that if the thread gets too long it starts to tear at the space time continuum, and the only way Dr Strange can fix it is by creating a spell that makes everyone forget who Tom Chick is. It’s either that or we get sucked into some sort of metaverse where everyone is a version of Tom and exists at the same time like Trump Chick, Mark Chickerberg, or Anna KendChick (shudders violently).

It’s possible we could fix it if Peter, Winston, Ray and Egon all cross the streams at the same time, but the last time they tried that a giant Tom Chick game through the portal and began shooting monkeys. What a mess that was! Eventually they were able to get rid of Giant Chick by throwing 20 side die at him and chanting “Ha Ha You Saw Hawk The Slayer” until he withered down to normal size and pushed him back through the portal.

Much easier if we just start a new thread, really.

I don’t want to explore my feelings about Anna KendChick, but will this do?

I do not know offhand. @wumpus would know the true specs since it was part of his design. He’s moved on from here though. @stusser would know more about limits as they stand today. Truly we probably aren’t reaching it yearly, but every shot in the thread is usually quite large. It makes sense to wrap up and start anew yearly.

Sorry about that transition to the 2022 year’s thread! I did it pretty hastily and didn’t think to do it right. Fortunately, it looks like @crispywebb has fixed it up nicely.

-Tom

It was on me for being ornery. We are on COVID watch with our toddler and I was looking for something to be prissy about. Sorry again!

I’m unreasonably happy there have been more posts here talking about the 2022 20:20 thread, than there are posts in the 2022 thread.

Yee yee! You did me a lil’ dirty raising the stakes, but the movie put some stank on it by being more narrative based than my typical fare. It didn’t have the highs of a Spring Breakers, but it got in and out, not overstaying its welcome, ultimately making for a better movie, I think. I had no idea Colman Domingo was going to be in this, so that was a very welcome surprise. There were small aspects and pieces of characters that I could relate to that made certain things relatable, similar to American Honey. I’m really glad James Franco didn’t direct this, which was originally the plan.

Those are my brief thoughts about Zola. Check it out.