It’s the 20:20 Movie Frame Game of 2021!

20:20
vlcsnap-2021-01-04-09h47m21s997

Last Black Man in San Francisco!

Yes, a lovely movie, but especially to those who have lived in San Francisco as I have. I’ve always been jarred by the weird confluence of ultra-wealth technophiles, old school hippies, rampant homeless, and then you go to Bayview-Hunters Point, which feels like a desolate wasteland.

40:40
vlcsnap-2021-01-04-09h47m40s334

60:60 Danny Glover makes his appearance in the 2020 game
vlcsnap-2021-01-04-09h47m59s541

80:80
vlcsnap-2021-01-04-09h48m10s441

100:100
vlcsnap-2021-01-04-09h48m36s539

The GF and I saw the trailer on Prime but haven’t watched it yet. Even the trailer itself draws interest in it as a story and how it’s filmed. How did you like it?

Time for a different turn. This next one will go quickly, I’ll wait until west coast lunchtime.

A new and short lived 20 appears!!!

Is that Gaffigan? American Dreamer?

Indeed it is, nice job sir.

If it seems like every screen of this movie looks the same it’s because, well, it is the same. It’s a dark, depressing, awful journey of a deranged person doing horrible things that just lead to more horrible things. For that person to be Gaffigan is certainly why we watched, but man it’s dark.

At no point do you pull for anyone in this movie, everyone is a piece of shit. And yet, as dark as it was, the GF and I gave it a waffling thumbs up because it was dark enough anything else that evening felt lighter and better. Maybe COVID wasn’t so bad if people like those in this movie are all we can muster.

Kind of like when other comedians take overly-serious roles, you’re ending this with a bad taste in your mouth of how far they swing the needle to another side to show their ability to be dynamic actors. And yet, it’s believable. Gaffigan feels like he could easily be this character getting caught up in it all and spiraling down just as quickly.

Recommended if you like dark thrillers I guess. You will want to shower it off afterward.

The 40, surprisingly, another actor from the movie:

The 60, waaaaaait for it, waaaaaaait. Surprise more Gafffigan, with riders:

The 80, quit guessing ahead, yes it is more Gaffigan:

"You’ve had a long crazy night so I’d forgive you if you didn’t remember, @cornchip "

Over to you!

American Dreamer, huh? Hmm, I might have to see this, although the director’s latest movie was a real turd:

But I love watching Gaffigan play against type. He’s a lot of fun in a soft Canadian thriller called Most Wanted, which spends too much time on Josh Hartnett being Mr. Oooh-I’m-A-Super-Cool-Journaliste, and not enough time on its more interesting actors, including Gaffigan and a talented Quebecois kid named Antoine Pilon.

-Tom

This was waffling on turd. Really we watched it for Gaffigan but were in shock as he swirled into dark territory. It’s polarizing and I’m not sure I’d have watched it if I’d known more going in. But I’m more forgiving of watching something for the experience of it and man … he is not trying to be comedic Gaffigan in this, at ALL.

I’ll definitely check out Most Wanted.

I challenge you to watch it for your reaction, @tomchick

New frames are going to have to come after the workday here. Sorry for the delay.

Okay, I can see why this one hasn’t been done, but I’m also surprised, so hopefully I didn’t miss it in the doc.

Try to get it in the 20:20 because everything in the 40:40 is priced to go!

Hewey Lewis’, “I Want a New Drug,” video?

Kidding, let me see if I can pull this one out. That actor seems recognizable.

First thought was Inception, but it’s been done. I know I’ve seen this scene before damnit. I’m going to kick myself.

“Where’s the money, Lebowski?”

Oh god tell me we didn’t all miss that as a guess.

What. The. Fuck. I just assumed it had been done years ago.

Ha ha you guys thought it was The Big Lebowski.

That is definitely not Jeff Bridges. Robert Downey Jr., maybe. But not the little Lebowski.

My first thought was Downey in Sherlock Holmes.

Is it Benicio Del Toro getting introduced to a toilet in Sin City?