It’s the 20:20 Movie Frame Game of 2021!

It’s safe to say that you haven’t seen it. But it is the kind of movie you would totally see.

40:40

I don’t know what it is, but this is looking like a cross between Handmaidens Tale and something like Midsommar.

Oo oo, I know! It’s The Other Lamb, starring Lorde.

Ding, ding, ding.

I love that poster. And it’s not quite Lorde, but Raffey Cassidy, an up-and-comer who was in Killing of a Sacred Deer and Tomorrowland. She plays a young girl coming of age in a Messianic all-female cult lead by Michel Huisman, doing his best Manson/Jesus impression.

As others have noted, it’s gorgeously shot, too.

60:60

80:80

This movie does have an interesting footnote. Imagine something like this:

Movie Producer: Please, oh lord, I know it won’t make #1, but it’d be awesome if this totally indie movie about a cult would have a Top 5 finish at the box office.

Somewhere, a monkey paw curls.

Wikipedia:

By the third week of its release, it was the third-highest grossing film in the United States with box office returns of $265 and $4,825 total.[10]

You can probably guess when it was released.

Sorry about the holdup…either been having problems with my internet or QT3 today, but I’ll just blame QT3.

Win Win?

The Miracle Season?

Retired Men’s Nude Beach Volleyball League?

Not clicking that link. Not gonna do it. No sir.

Do it. Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiittttttttt

Battle of the Sexes?

I’ll go Borg vs McEnroe.

Oh man I know this kid from somewhere. hrmmmmmm

The dude sitting in the chair is giving me Colin Firth vibes, but that’s all I got.

It is indeed, Borg vs. McEnroe. Woolen_Horde takes it.

I’ll admit I haven’t actually finished this film yet, but so far it definitely stands out for Shia Lebeouf’s performance as McEnroe. Best I’ve seen him act. The actor playing Borg is a dead ringer for the real Borg, so that’s something.

Otherwise it’s a fairly standard biopic, so far. Interesting, for sure, but not terribly revelatory. Really nice tennis action, if you’re into it.

Your turn, @Woolen_Horde! Share and enjoy.

Obligatory “You CANNOT be serious!”

Wow. Borg vs McEnrone and Battle of the Sexes are the only two recent tennis movie I can remember. So wild-ass-guess wins!

20:20

There’s Something About Mary?