It will be game over before you stay in an Atari hotel

Title It will be game over before you stay in an Atari hotel
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When January 28, 2020

What happened to you, Atari? You used to be awesome. Now, you're a joke. And not even a good one. You don't make games anymore. You just careen from one weird branding project to another, desperate to cash in on your 1980's notoriety..

Read the full article

Interesting design for that building. Looks like some kind of over-sized console. And that big logo on the side along with the swoopy Atari sign on the front look like they would be blocking a lot of windows.

It’s passed through so many hands at this point it’s more or less just a name and a logo.

It’s like “Trump”. They just sell it to plaster on whatever crap they can get people to pay them for.

I think this sounds pretty cool. I’d stay in one of these.

Or just go to Japan and stay at any of the video game themed AirBnBs meticulously decorated by OCD Japanese nerds and go to Akibahara after.

Report us your experience with that, if you aren’t cancelled/chastisized by neighbours/reported to the 24/7 “there is a foreigner that makes me uncomfortable” hotline.

This is a thing?

Wish there was a hot line for annoying and/or unreasonable guests, who demand silly stuff.

IMHO, if the rooms are good enough, and there was an actual arcade in the building, I’d seriously consider staying there.

Most hotels are pretty similar in my experience, so if there’s an interesting activity then I’m curious.

Well if Taco Bell can have a hotel, I guess Atari can. Not sure I would want to stay at either though…

They missed a bet, it should look like a 2600 tipped up on its side.

In other Atari is totally still a videogame company news:

I was expecting the first one to be in Vegas. That would be a good fit.

Phoenix does make sense. A lot of business conventions have moved there from Vegas over the years to get away from the party/HR scene that can happen in Vegas, and the golf and spa facilities in Phoenix have gladly taken the money.

How an Atari-themed hotel fits is a mystery.

If they manage this as well as their own games, I expect it to be riddled with bedbugs and termites.

And centipedes, no doubt.

Ahhhh yes :)

So much for all that stuff:

Thread title accurate!