It's time for an intervention

I’ve definitely noticed a higher level of crazy recently.

So it seems, but as has been pointed out here, there’s rarely a single reason why someone gets gently touched (temporarily, one hopes).

I don’t know who that was, but you were one-hundred-and-twenty-five-percent correct to do so.

Anyone who doesn’t like Crackdown should be banned.

Went back and fought through the wall of text and… yeah. Rather than rambling on and on trying to justify yourself, here are two things to work on going forward:

Post less.
Post better.

earn this

This is good advice. When you write up a post, don’t just hit submit reply. Take a minute to think over whether your post is going to improve the thread or not. If it isn’t, don’t post it. I end up discarding around half of my posts.

I believe that at your final judgment, you have to review all your sins. (It’s not to purge your soul or anything, it’s just how angels do hazing.) That includes having to read aloud, for an audience, every forum post you ever started to type up and then thought better of and deleted. You still posted it in your heart, so it counts, and you have to read it, and they’re all laughing at you, and you don’t even have the comfort of a telekinetic rampage from it.

Also, don’t ask for advice, and then reply individually to every post that follows yours.

Also don’t write a grotesque navel-gazing mega-post, then put “so what do you guys think about it?” at the end. You’re not fooling anybody.

I’m still confused. BillDee’s gone?

What?

I don’t know the OP from a hole in the wall, but if he cares that much what I think, he’s welcome to join my stable of bitches.

Where do cookies with milk fall on the Crackdown scale?
Cookies without milk?
Pie?

imvu.

Wait, do we have to consider whether our posts add to the thread in this thread?

I think several people have already mentioned the salient points so I’ll just summarize:

1. Stop taking things so seriously. We all sometimes say things that are stupid or get taken the wrong way and that will generate a reaction here.

2. Posting a lot will get people’s attention.

3. Starting threads to talk about this stuff is a bad idea, especially after a thread that skirted this issue was locked and people banned (a very, very rare occurrence.) I’m not saying this thread will be locked, just that we don’t need to rehash this again.

I don’t understand the second option. I don’t even see how it is possible.

This thread needs more pictures of eggs.

Yeah, I think it is about time.