It's time for the 2017 Quarterlies! Vote for Quarter to Three's Best Game of 2017

Okay, cool, but now I’m really not sure what your point is. I assumed it was an argument about the established quality of a particular game, but how does appealing to a bunch of popularity contests prove that? (Sorry if I missed some context somewhere along the way, BTW.)

1. Nier: Automata
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Divinity: Original Sin 2
  4. Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
  5. Prey

Dave Long is fond of pointing out that we’re a bunch of old people who don’t like the stuff that the cool kids on the rest of the internet like. :)

-Tom

With the lack of votes for Gloomhaven, I agree with @DaveLong ;)

Well since currently Zelda is second, this doesn’t quite add up to me. Also, screw those cool kids!

(On no, now it’s third! Everyone vote for Zelda.)

Yeah, I do see the temptation to be more like the folks who post in those sites’ comment threads. Way more enlightened than this shithole forum.

We need more people from Norway posting here?

Is @Jorn_Weines not enough for you Rich?

Never enough. :)

Don’t forget @Janster.

Heh. In case it wasn’t clear, Dave was saying Legend of Zelda should be winning GOTY here just like it wins everywhere else on the internet where enough gamers are polled. But he doesn’t want to come right out and say it in those words because he has a reputation as a Nintendo fan. So it has to be couched in science and theories about release windows.

Where is your pieface Jørn?

My list is a bit hmm

1. Total War : Warhammer 2 , played a metric ton of this.
  2. EverSpace, I like it, good spacey fun
  3. They are BILLIONS , hard, unforgiving, my kind of fun
  4. Kingdom , only game is play on my steam link that works with the steam controller without giving my finger aids.
  5. Halcyon 6, starbase thingie, its decent fun, I liked it.

Where does this fit into @Desslock’s Theory of Objectively Correct Reviews?

Could you put spaces between the parentheses and the titles for your entries for Everspace and Halycon 6 and bold the game titles for all of the games, please? We don’t want to miss your vote in the tally. :)

And for God’s sake, don’t bold the numbers or the whole algorithm will explode and then Battlefront 2 will win.

Not at all. I already explained the snicker, because I think it’s amusing that Tom has totally trolled everyone who thinks Horizon is a great game and yet it’s leading this poll. I also think it’s interesting how this board skews because it really isn’t in line with most others.

I mean, sure, go ahead and live in the fake news world where somehow a game like Prey is the second best game of the year if you want to, but that’s definitely an outlier among the general populace. I think it’s good to have some perspective.

Your second paragraph reads like a more polite version of the comments section of just about every review atom has posted, i.e. “fuck you, Chick!” Most other forums are tedious for exactly the same reason that Metacritic is a waste of time - there’s no objective “best” game, and saying something is fake because it’s “second best” is even more absurd.

Or as Douglas Adams said, “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

We’re all quite comfortable in our own skin. It’s you that can’t help but make a comment every year about how “interesting” it is the way this board skews.

Take a deep breath**. It’s Friday!

of the Wild

Who gives a shit about the general populace?