It's time for the 2017 Quarterlies! Vote for Quarter to Three's Best Game of 2017

Exactly. I always get beat up in gen pop. That’s why I prefer administrative segregation.

Wait… what were we talking about?

We were talking about cuban tobacco rolled in Connecticut leaves.

Oh, and that the term “fake news” doesn’t have a “real meaning”.

Done
Is it better now?

Thanks, looks good!

Total War: Warhammer came out in 2016. Did you mean to vote for Total War: Warhammer II?

Yes, I’ll fix that

1. Horizon Zero Dawn — A really fun world, great characters, great story, and enjoyable combat.
  2. Total War: Warhammer 2 — Really just an incremental improvement over the last one, but the new races are fun, and the improvements really do make the game much better. I’ve only put in 71 hours so far, as opposed to Warhammer 1’s 150 hours, but I expect WH2 will catch up. I’ve currently got two solo campaigns going and a coop campaign.
  3. Ghost Recon Wildlands — I came to this really late picking it up right before Christmas. But liked it enough I sent out some copies as Chritmas gifts and we’ve had a lot of fun playing it coop, and I enjoy it solo as well. On a more annoying note, now I’ve got one friend playing it that only plays on PS4 and one that only plays it on PC, so I now own both the PC and PS4 versions 😒
  4. Marvel Heroes (PS4) — I’m so sad this went belly up. I had great fun with this and while mechanically Diablo may be better, I prefer the brighter cheerier world of Marvel to the Grim Dark of Diablo.

Hmm, just in under the wire. I don’t play a lot of different games, but will put in a vote for a few:

1. ARK: Survival Evolved , I believe it was officially released this year anyway. Over 2 years and 681 hours later and this is by far the best sandbox I have ever played in. Even through all the flack they have received, this game really hits the balance to enjoyment ratio just perfect for me. Conan proved this to me when I tried to play that after, and pretty much any other survival game after just can’t compare.

2. Dominions 5 , No words are necessary here for me. Once I experienced the wonder that Johan and Kristoffer have created many iterations before, my life hasn’t been the same.

I will just leave it at that for now. I really enjoyed watching my wife play Monster Hunters and can really appreciate what was done there. I also really want to get into Rim World someday and wish I could delve into the mysteries of Battle Brothers, but will hold off on those until I get a chance to appreciate them.

Thanks so much to everyone for being such good sports about our formatting requirements. Still six hours to go! Get your votes in!

1. Cat Quest - Only game released this year that I finished. Also wanted to give it a bump since it was such a blast to play.
  1. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  2. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  4. Destiny 2
  5. The Long Dark

I’m not voting for RimWorld, which is one of my favorites, because it’s still early access. That’s the only reason.

Oh man ,voting closes tonight… I made 2 last minute changes, wish I had more time to spend with PREY, I might have ranked it higher.

Please check to make sure your name is on this list if you voted. If it isn’t, it wasn’t counted and we need to fix something:

Tallied users

abidingdude
Alistair
anonymgeist
ArmandoPenblade
ARogan
arrendek
AWS260
Balasarius
baren
Brad_Grenz
Brakara
BrianRubin
Brooski
Chappers
Chris_Gwinn
Clay
copeknight
CraigM
DaveLong
DennyA
Desslock
Dissensus
divedivedive
Djscman
Doctor_Hillbilly
Douglas
Enidigm
Ex-SWoo
forgeforsaken
geggis
Gendal
Gigglemoo
Ginger_Yellow
Hotfreak
iguanaDitty
ImaTarget
Janster
Jason_McMaster
JMR
JonRowe
Jorn_Weines
jsnell
Kelan
kerzain
Knightsaber
krayzkrok
kristina
Kyrios
Left_Empty
LockerK
lordkosc
Mark_L
merryprankster
Miguk
milspec
MisterMourning
mjgreeny75
moss_icon
mrcjhicks
MrTibbs
Nightgaunt
Paul_cze
Peter_Frazier
porousnapkin
Profanicus
Razgon
rhamorim
Richard_Holt
RichVR
robc04
robertrossney
Rock8man
Rod_Humble
SadleyBradley
SamS
saracen31
Scott_Lufkin
Soma
Soren_Hoglund
Spect
stusser
Telefrog
tgb123
Thraeg
Tim_N
TimJames
triggercut
TurinTur
tylertoo
Vesper
Wallapuctus
wavey
ydejin

Or better yet, please head over to google docs and verify your vote is correct on the individual votes tab of the spreadsheet:

The fact that Mass Effect Andromeda is beating Nier Automata is the greatest travesty of all time.

Play Nier Automata and think about what you have done

Ha ha yes, fuck Nier whatever that is. Go Andromeda, burn it all down!

It warms my cold, dead heart that Prey is so high. If only rest of the internet, earth and multiverse had such refined taste.

I could do without Horizon being first though :)

I second that!