iZombie

So far, I’ve bound both episodes to be a riot. It’s not complicated TV, but I don’t see a contradiction between refined taste and the enjoyment of comfort food, and I think it’s the first TV pilot which has made me like all of the main characters right off the bat.

I’d expect some of the zombie apocalypse stuff hinted at in the second episode to turn into an arc. I’m also okay with crime-of-the-week—watching Rose McIver play shades of a different character every time is intriguing enough to hold my attention for a while.

iZombie is a horrible name, though.

Two episodes, both perfectly entertaining. It’s easy to see that Rose McIver is having a lot of fun with it and in turn that makes it more fun for me to watch.

I also found the first 2 episodes “fun” , not sure if I’ll stick with it for much longer as my tv time is decreasing as it gets warmer out.

I like how Rose McIver’s name in the show is Liv Moore. ;)

delayed double post of doom , damn you CHROME

I’ll probably clock out now because they’ve decided for my least favorite villain trope ever for the main bad guy. Otherwise I like the show.

“I’ve been a zombie for months but I never felt like a monster until I ate Marvin”- this is the show for me!

Three shows into it, and yup, Pushing Daisies meets Dead Like Me, with a bit of Vampire (or Fey, or Zombie) secret sub-culture. But it’s been fun so far.

I’m still enjoying the show, but am a bit frustrated with them throwing out the “zombie rules” so quickly!

Basically Liv’s new look - ie white hair, white skin, red/blackish sunken eyes etc established that she looked VERY different as a zombie to contrast with how she looked before. When the first few other zombies were introduced they quickly backpedaled on that look at explaining that these zombies had “expensive spray on make up/hair stylist”. That still didn’t explain why they didn’t have her “zombie eyes”, but ok.

Now suddenly we have multiple absolutely normal looking people running around as zombies with a vague handwave of “oh yeah I dye my hair” explanations. If they were going to do away with the whole “zombie look” this quickly, why introduce it in the first place? Just go with the vague: “don’t make them angry/excited” or they’ll lose control to go “full zombie” and btw we love brains & hot sauce (btw Thats the recycled gimmick they also used in Roswell to make the aliens behave “different”)

Anyway, after a season or whatever, I could understand them wanting a little more leeway to create interesting stories and thus do away with the visual zombie limitations, but only 6 episodes in?

I think it’s part of her character, she’s not really trying to mainstream like all the other zombies. From what I’ve seen they all made the transition and adapted right away. She’s the holdout, the zombie who still wants to be human. She wants to be human, not just look human.

Show just arrived on Netflix.

Absolutely loving it so far. It’s definitely Rob Thomas, and hits all the Veronica Mars beats.

Also, CW seems to be fans. After initially giving the show a second 13-episode season, they’ve just ordered 5 more scripts.

Ugh. Probably going to be canceled at season’s end. Show just got a 6-episode order for the second half of the season instead of a full 9-episode order. Which means that even on the CW, the moribund ratings are so bad for the show that they’d rather show something else for 3 weeks in March or April than show any more episodes of iZombie.

Of course its going to be canceled, it’s one of those rare shows I was actually excited to see a new episode of.

I decided to try watching this because I really wanted a new zombie apocalypse fix. What I got was wildly different from what I was expecting, having started with just the knowledge that it has Zombie in the title and somebody, hopefully in marketing, was an asswipe.

Haven’t been that pleasantly surprised by a show in a long time.

I watched it in SPITE of it having a zombie in the title. Netflix gave it a very high predictive rating (4-5 stars) so I gave it a shot. Yeah yeah, these bastards only ever cancel crap like Bastard Executioner that you don’t watch. Logically I know that doesn’t quite make sense, but emotionally I know they only cancel stuff I like to watch.

Season finale of the best zombie show on TV was tonight – plots were resolved, the next season was set up, and Ken Marino and Rob Thomas (the singer, not the producer) made appearances. Can’t wait for season 3.

Season 1 is up on Netflix and I’d highly recommend it, though it isn’t your traditional zombie show.

Could’ve sworn we had another iZombie thread (but this one’s fine too!), but yeah, really enjoyed the finale tonight. Fantastic show, just wonderfully pulpy entertainment.

Really was a pleasant surprise that CW picked it up for S3.

I haven’t finished the finale, but I actually cheered in the penultimate episode when Ravi didn’t fuck around and immediately connected the dots. That situation ALWAYS goes the other way. Even better was his reaction and immediate application of a large metal canister.

I haven’t finished the last episode, but I actually cheered when Ravi didn’t fuck around and immediately connected the dots. That situation ALWAYS goes the other way. Even better was his reaction and immediate application of a large metal canister.

I just started watching this-- how the hell did I not know about this show before? It’s Rob Thomas making veronica mars with zombies! It’s awesome!

Man, that name is terrible though. I get that it’s named after a comic book. They still should have changed it.

“Zombie Procedural Project” would have been better than iZombie.

Veronica Mars with Zombies would be a name I could get behind, too.

Agree with you about the terrible name, but man do I love this show.

One of my favorite points of this show is that I can’t remember getting annoyed by characters who do something stupid simply to advance the plot (you could definitely argue the inconsistency of a brain’s effects on zombies but I’m willing to give that a pass). Given the events leading up to that scene as a whole and the fact that Ravi is a smart dude well, of course it makes sense for him to figure that out quickly and then to react given the stakes and his relationship with Liv.