Jason's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List

Thanks. It turns out searches for ‘cathedral’ work a lot better when ‘cathedral’ is spelled right.

I seem to be having invisible monster problems. Not that fighting floating axes that are allegedly skeletons isn’t fun, but I suspect something’s a bit wrong in the load order - what have I done wrong?

My system is only macho enough to take QTP2, but what an improvement that’s been. There are times when framerates chug (usually when an Oblivion gate is nearby, or I get whacked hard enough to get a dizzying effect) and I’m tempted to revert to the default texures, but I’m stopped by my love of parallax textures and the potential headache of reinstalling everything.

One caveat about Natural Weather, though: I’ve used used Max Tael’s mods for some time, but only recently noticed that they can mess up the atmosphere in scripted missions. The Battle of Kvatch just looks wrong if it’s sunny out.

I had the same problem; disabling MMM did the trick. No matter how much I rearranged the load order, it never came out right.

Corpse decay mod. Awesome. It’s complete with random chance for corpses to RISE FROM THE DEAD TO EAT THE LIVING. How could you not LOVE that!? XD

Thought a few of you might appreciate the no fast travel mod. I know I do. :)

What I love about that mod is how someone had to make a Yes Fast Travel mod for people who changed their minds.

This list is awesome. I have everything setup pretty well now. I’m just downloading the Fran 4.1 to 4.2b patches at the moment.

Texan’s window lighting only change the windows when you’re outside right? Is there another good mod that changes them for when you’re indoors?

Edit: Nevermind, Natural Interiors should be the one that does all this stuff, I’ll double check and make sure it’s running right

I’m just waiting for all of the mods to be updated after the expansion pack comes out, then I’ll replay oblivion on my new ubercomputer. Looking forward to it!

Anyone hit any issues with invisible creatures?

I’ve run into some invisible skeletons and an invisible timber wolf.

I myself am pretty bummed out that Shivering Isles will be the only expansion pack for Oblivion. You’d think the game sold well enough for them to milk it, but no, they have to go make some lame ass Fallout game instead.

There is a quest that involves invisible monsters, so uh, if it’s only happening in one particular place on the world map, then it might be that.

They were around the cloud temple area where you get the “Fingers of the Mountain” book for the initial mages guild recomendation quest.

Edit: Maybe I should scroll up : )

Personally I kinda thought they’d give up on monolithic expansions altogether and just keep releasing downloadable content in smaller “bites” indefinitely. That’s where the money’s at.

I’d pay $25 for an Oblivion:Imperial City Stories.

Looks like there is a v2.01 patch out for MMM:

The update replaces missing textures for a number of creatures, includes updated textures from Koldorn, and tweaks the new Adventurers.

Also of interest is this Traveling Minstrel Mod, which I’m really hope comes to life after seeing this video of a Morrowind Mod in action.

There’s a corresponding FranOOOMMM update (0.7.4).

Also, a promising WIP mod for sneaky characters to get in and out of cities undetected: Stealth Entrances 2.0.

Atmospheric Weather System has made it to 2.0

There will also be a small patch today to clean up a few typos.

If you’re using OBSE and want to be a more Thief like rogue then arm yourself with this mod which gives you all the trick arrows.

There’s a new official patch for Oblivion, 1.2.

Anyone know if it’ll be compatible with the original heap o mods?