Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - Snoogies!

As a fan of both kevin smith and buckaroo banzai, this was just awesome to watch. His ability to tell stories is amazing. It doesnt hurt to have the stars of the movie there as well.

To my surprise this is now available to rent on iTunes. It was terrible. I think I’ll just avoid Smith’s movies and focus on his seemingly billions of podcasts.

Well I didn’t and I do. Guess you’re right ;-)

You?

Screenshot_20200202-093247~2

No way!

I tried watching BB a second time but it is so corny.

Me, to myself:

tumblr_216f9436d8a9503886dcb97c94bfe7bd_f3559354_500

God, I hate this movie…

Is there someone out there, crying in the darkness?

Hey hey, hey hey hey, don’t be mean. We don’t have to be mean. 'cause, remember, no matter where you go …there you are.

Rented the movie over the weekend and it didn’t get a single laugh from me. Just dead flat. My wife fell asleep on it and even my potty-mouthed 12.5yo walked away saying, “This movie is boring.”

Watched it the other week and was really surprised at what I found.

While it is a rote plot, there were a lot of moments that seemed like a heartfelt testimonial from Smith.

The one that caught me offguard was when Ben Affleck showed up. His speech really felt like it was Smith talking about his life. It mentions that yeah, he has everything he ever wanted and more, but it more interested in what his kid’s doing. It definitely felt like Affleck was just the mouthpiece.

However, Smith had a lot of fun with the filmmaking. The worst part of it for me was the Bluntman and Chronic reboot. Val Kilmer has never looked worse, but he was playing Silent Bob, so there’s that. I did have fun with the ultimate villain popping up and feeling like a PS1 cutscene, like Parasite or something akin to that.

Regardless, I don’t know if I’ll watch it again. But it was fascinating to be in that headspace again and seeing where Smith bled through.

My inner 13 year old loved this movie. Snoogies!

Not saying the movie is bad. I just couldn’t focus my mind on it and bounced off. I would like to like it.