Jim Delligatti died today. Creator of the Big Mac.

Happy 50th Anniversary Big Mac!

Probably more stable than bitcoin.
The video didn’t say where to get one of these coins.

By coincidence, I had only a few minutes for lunch yesterday, and stopped at McDonald’s for just a Big Mac; nothing else. With tax it was 5 bucks just for the sandwich. Which I guess these days isn’t that bad, but it seemed small.

I got one today, stopped for my first Big Mac of the year. They are small, and are like 65% bread. :p

While I waited 5 minutes for my food, everyone seemed to be ordering Big Macs. The coin I got shows 1998-2008 with some cell phones, pc’s, mice and cd’s surrounding a Big Mac.

I should go back today and try again then.

Jesus, no. I just ate one yesterday. I cannot eat another one of those for a long time now.

Yeah, you can pretty much go anywhere and get a better burger now.

I just wanted it for the novelty coin, which I’ll get bored of and use for another big mac later this year.

The problem for me is that the actual hamburger part feels spongy, as if it’s been boiled instead of grilled or even fried. While I sort of enjoy the sandwich while I’m eating it, if I eat it too slow, or take the thing apart to examine it, I start to feel irked out, and have to throw it away. Really the only good thing about it is the Special Sauce.

If it weren’t for the sauce, I think I’d just prefer a couple of their regular hamburgers. Much neater to eat.

Though I’m sure it has changed since I worked at McD’s as my VERY first job, the action was on the quarter grill, not those small thin patties on the normal grill (where Big Mac patties are fried.)

The quarter grill now includes: Quarter Pounder, Double Quarter Pounder, Bacon Smokehouse Burger, and Double Bacon Smokehouse Burger.

More beef per burger, and for some reason they tasted better as well, though I’m not a food scientist and couldn’t tell you why. As an insider tip, ditch ketchup, mustard and pickles on those things and eat it as close to plain or plain with cheese and add veggies in you want as a special order.

You also get actual onions on the burgers versus the rehydrated fine diced onion crap they put on the smaller ones. In McDonald’s parlance, “diced onion,” = rehydrated.

They also recently switched to fresh-not-frozen beef on the Quarter Pounders, and they are, like, actually good. They taste good.

I still prefer Wendy’s.

I do too, or any of the pricier options like 5 guys or similar. To be fair, we’re just spectators here, In and Out has the cult following to prove their superior taste.

One day, maybe they will come to this side of the country.

In and Out is fine but doesn’t live up to the hype. I don’t get it at all.

I like any McDonald’s hamburger really, but it’s always the last choice for a burger for me. In & Out is fine as well but I don’t get the hype. When people come and visit they want to eat there, and that’s about the only time I do. Not that it’s bad, I do like the animal style cheese burger, but it’s always so busy I avoid it.

Man, now I want a burger gut bomb.