Jumper

I read the book 5 or 6 years ago – not bad really. IIRC, in the book there actually wasn’t a longer history. No other jumpers, no secret org built around killing them.

The government did chase him for awhile but only for a piece of the book.

I can see how that would be a problem in a film though. There are large chunks of the book where there’s nobody after him, there’s no movie like tension.

The book doesn’t even really comment on the possibility of there being a longer history. Davey finds out he can teleport. He does try to find other people who can, but has no luck. His parents can’t. And the way the government reacts suggests they’ve never seen it before either. None of which necessarily rules out other people or secret ancient conspiracies or whatever, but neither he nor the government agents run across such a thing.

(In the sequel, it transpires that his wife has acquired the ability.)

I’m pretty easy to please. That being said, I rented this, watched it for 20 minutes, and turned it off. I think I’ve done that with about 3 or 4 movies in my life.

Caught about 10 minutes of this recently flipping channels. When Sam Jackson was introduced killing another ‘jumper’ citing the reason for doing so as “…you are an abomination, no man should be capable of what only gods can do…(or some such)”

I smirked, wondered to myself what gave him the right to PLAY god by killing him, then shamefully proposed why I entertained the thought of deconstructing the scene before changing the channel.

Of all the really great reasons to shit on Jumper, citing the bad guy for using faulty logic is probably one the very few dumb ones.

So had I actually watched more, I would have discovered better reasons to NOT watch this movie?

ARISE!

Doug Limon, who directed Jumper, is going back to make the sequel - Impulse.

No Hayden Christensen. No Samuel L. Jackson.

Plus, it’s not coming to theaters. It’s going to be made for YouTube Red.

That trailer was not what I expected when I read above that it is supposed to be a sequel to Jumper

I didn’t hate it though, also the lead looks like younger twin of Yvonne Strahovski which is fine by me

Then again I didn’t hate original Jumper either, it was bad but in somewhat endearing way…or maybe I just enjoyed watching Rachel Bilson, that’s possible too.

The books are soooo good, but I don’t know why anyone would make a sequel to the stupid movie.

Also apparently I was a lot more violent back in 2007. Huh.

Maybe today you could put the past away.

I remember liking it enough that I bought the DVD.
But that was 10 years ago, and I can’t remember much of it now. I thought it was a good adventure, I think. Time to pull out the DVD!

Also yes.

[slow clap gif]

Yeah, it had some fun to it, but it was yet another example of me not liking a Hayden Christensen character. Everyone else seemed more enjoyable to watch, good or bad.