Jurassic World - Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Irrfan Kahn, raptors

I can’t for the life of me pull up the old thread for this. I know the title was a bit off, (Jurassic Park IV instead of Jurassic World) so I guess it’s okay to start fresh.

June 2015. Directed by Colin Trevorrow.

The studio released a 15-second teaser of the teaser that will be shown starting on Thanksgiving.

There’s a fake site up for the company that bought InGen after they went under. Masrani Global. There’s a pretty cool image of our favorite researcher that seems to have survived all the other InGen incidents.

Can’t look at Chris Pratt without thinking “Starlord”, but apart from that, sign me up for some Dino mayhem.

You obviously don’t watch Parks and Rec! All I see is Andy! :)

Don’t have much interest in a Jurrasic movie. The it factor of the first was seeing the first quality CGI in a movie. Now its commonplace if the movie has a big budget. CG Dino’s seem passe now.

Liked Jurassice Park. I enjoy dinosaurs. Since Guardian, I like Chris Pratt and want to see more of him. I will give this go.

So even the opening gate of “Jurassic World” in the 15-second teaser looks CG. Come on, you can at least make one thing.

— Alan

Yeah, the CG was very obvious there, I guess its finally become cheaper to just CG it than to actually build it. There better be a damn real fence with blinking lights they have to climb though!

Even the theme park has a real gate!

Okay, the trailer is out.

So… it’s kind of like a more future dinosaur version of West World crossed with Deep Blue Sea with the sfx work of Catching Fire (in other words, not all that great).

Put all those ideas together and it looks and sounds like complete horseshit.

— Alan

Jurassic Park used effects to make impossible things look amazing. This trailer used effects to make buildings look artificial. Booo.

So… It unfortunately appears that all those terrible-sounding plot rumors were true.

The only thing that can save this movie for me now is Chris Pratt’s affable charm.

…none of which was on display in the trailer, where he comes off as “hardened all-knowing action hero”. And that last shot of him on the motorcycle is ridiculous.

Pretty much all of my excitement for this has waned. I’ll still probably see it weekend one, but everything after the first minute of that trailer (when people started talking) has left me unimpressed.

I really liked the original tidbit idea that this came from. The image of a bored kid looking at his phone instead of the T-rex behind him. That’s great because it sort of mirrors exactly what happens at zoos now.

But this? Ugh.

Sorry guys no Starlord in this movie.

After seeing the trailer I think it should be named Jurassic World: Attack of the Mutant T-Rex.

Such teal. Many blue. Wow.

You’d think movies of that budget could manage decent color correction, but no. Just look at those scenes with Bryce Dallas Howard in them.

On the plus side, Chris Pratt. And I liked that kid in Iron Man 3.

I can’t believe they greenlit that imbecilic plot. Do they not realize that people like dinosaur movies because they have dinosaurs in them?

You don’t need to “improve” dinosaurs when they’re the most astounding creatures to ever walk the Earth - just tell a fucking story with THEM in it, not one that involves them acting like golden retrievers, or “laying traps,” or verbally scolding Tea Leoni for pocketing some eggs, or otherwise ‘getting smarter’, or showing more attachment to their offspring than even Disney would dare concoct for fantastical creations, or being pummeled by 12 year old gymnasts, or motorcycles circling through their legs, or just acting like feral, relentless fantasy monsters instead of animals, let alone mutating them into ManBearPigs or whateverthefuck in this installment

haha… the motorcycle bit at the end of that trailer was equivalent to Shia Labeouf swinging with the monkeys in Indy 4.

Gah, after that trailer I’m afraid to watch Jurassic World. Watching it might do serious harm to how I feel about Chris Pratt.

So the kid gets a ticket to Jurassic Park from Tony Stark?