Just Cause 3: Wingsuits, multiple tethers, and more mass destruction

(Starting a new topic around the game’s release since the old one implied the game was going to be ruined by F2P, and topic titles aren’t editable…)

Just Cause 3 ships December 1 on Xbox One, PC, and PS4.

Trailers and all the latest news are here: https://justcause.com

Here’s a look at the new engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEwOGo3BFI

Just Cause 2 was just a total blast, exploring the region and causing mass destruction. With multiple tethers, more advanced physics, and an engine designed to the specs of next-gen consoles, Just Cause 3 looks like more of the same, dialed to 11.

The game was playable on PC at PAX Prime a couple of months ago, and my son and I both went back a couple of times to play through the sample scenes more than once. There was a vehicular assault on a base, a wingsuit course, and a high-up attack on another facility. It was mostly a demo of the destructability, and I was okay with that. :) The explosions were just breathtaking. And Rico’s movement felt a lot more fluid than JC2, as well.

This thread is waaay better. Well done, Denny!

-Tom

This looks explosive at least:

Still hoping I can drop a LGB at a building and watch it go down in flames :)

I want to play this so bad.

Only 1 week to go. You can make it. WE can make it!

At night, when I dream, I dream of Nordhagen beach. And then dropping a huge load of Just Cause 3 destruction right into the center of it. The world will be cleansed, in fire.

I approve of the number of explosions in that trailer!

I have but never played JC2 on Steam. I know, I suck, I’ve heard nothing but amazing things. But I’m tempted as hell to pick this up based on that trailer, I have to say.

Is it still planned to have co-op play? As in, a friend and I can play against the AI a la FC4? That would be incredible. Especially if we could play the campaign in co-op.

I wonder the same.

The COOP Mod for JC2 looked like a bit of fun, although I preferred Mercenaries 2 in that regards (+ more explosions…)

Still, I’ll be satisfied if JC3 is as awesome as it looks to be (and I can get it on GOG with no DRM).

$30.23 at cdkeys.com. Trustworthy site? (In light of recent GMG issues, I’m asking this oft asked question of cdkeys.com’s reliability.)

By all accounts I’ve seen, CDKeys is fine.

cdkeys is just like every other grey-market seller - including GMG now. They buy keys from everywhere. You roll the dice. I’d say that 90% or more of the time, you get your key, enter it into Steam, and everything is fine. No problems. Because no one really knows the origin of the keys, you’ll get that odd key that comes from a restricted source, or a hacked credit card, or whatever. If that happens, usually these places just issue you another key.

Move to the middle east and get a PS4… it broke street date there a few days ago.

JC3 is single-player only.

However, Avalanche was very supportive of the folks who did the multiplayer mod for JC2. So hopefully they will be so here as well.

I don’t really want massive multiplayer here, but given how much my kid and I both enjoy this series, I’d really love to have seen two-player Crackdown-style co-op. Maybe in a mod…

New trailer with the first HOUR of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8qLysK5zM

I don’t even have to say it probably has tons of spoilers, but I couldn’t resist a quick look, and I love the tongue-in-cheek tone of the intro.

Ah, it’s all I can do not to watch that! Less than a week to go…

I watched just long enough to realize what the song was. Put a big huge grin on my face.

I can taste it, I tells ya.

Is Rico’s voice the same as in JC2? It sounds different.